The Race to 100,000

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ha! I'll beat you (I think). I'm going to start a 3 1/2 month interim pastorate in Newcastle, WY, next week. It's 280 miles from Greeley to Newcastle, and I probably will drive it the first time I go up. But after that, I expect to be riding it and Newcastle is on the SW corner of the Black Hills.

I'm still going to Nevada in mid-May for the "Team Lyle Rachel Strange Insanity Days Rally" -- 800 miles to Alamo, 1524 miles during the Rally, and at least 800 back. I think I'll roll over 100K in May.

But, I'm a good sport :) so I wish you good luck-- and save riding!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Phil, Even if you don't win the race to 100,000 miles you are sure to win the race to 10,000 posts on the forum :)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Ha! I'll beat you (I think). I'm going to start a 3 1/2 month interim pastorate in Newcastle, WY, next week. It's 280 miles from Greeley to Newcastle, and I probably will drive it the first time I go up. But after that, I expect to be riding it and Newcastle is on the SW corner of the Black Hills.

I'm still going to Nevada in mid-May for the "Team Lyle Rachel Strange Insanity Days Rally" -- 800 miles to Alamo, 1524 miles during the Rally, and at least 800 back. I think I'll roll over 100K in May.

But, I'm a good sport :) so I wish you good luck-- and save riding!
Phil, You just can not stay retired, can you?:shrug2::smile:

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Chuck,

I guess you're right (again) at least for a little while! I enjoyed the free work I did for the Yellowstone Conference of the United Methodist Church up in Montana last week. A week at a time is just about right.

The church I'm going to serve in Newcastle, WY, won't be fun. It's going to be a mess. So, I'm definitely not going just to make a few bucks on the side (although that's a decent benefit), but hopefully to help with some healing in that community.

If you all are people who pray, I'll take any I can get for wisdom and patience. If you're just the kind of folks who think good thoughts, I'll take all those I can get, too. :)

I was over 10K posts when Rick asked to have his stuff removed from the Forum and apparently about 1500 of mine were in his threads. I think I might be back of 10K again within a day or two.

Ain't that somethin'?

Last edited by a moderator:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Wow and I thought I was doing good with 45,000 in three years. Should see the 50K mark this year at least. My other two wheelers seem to to be getting more attention. Put nearly 500 miles on my cyclocross bicycle last month, 327 in 6 days on a tour, and already have over a couple hundred on it this month. Weather here in WV finally broke this week so maybe I can knock the dust off the NT and see what happens. Gotta watch all these vehicle eating pot holes right now though.

IMG_6797a.jpg

PS; Congrats you guys. Will watch for the results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Does that mean day after tomorrow?

Remind me: Do you want me to mail it or am I s'posed to wait till I see you.

Yours will be unique. It will have a personally-inscribed "#1!"

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Chuck,

I guess you're right (again) at least for a little while! I enjoyed the free work I did for the Yellowstone Conference of the United Methodist Church up in Montana last week. A week at a time is just about right.

The church I'm going to serve in Newcastle, WY, won't be fun. It's going to be a mess. So, I'm definitely not going just to make a few bucks on the side (although that's a decent benefit), but hopefully to help with some healing in that community.

If you all are people who pray, I'll take any I can get for wisdom and patience. If you're just the kind of folks who think good thoughts, I'll take all those I can get, too. :)

I was over 10K posts when Rick asked to have his stuff removed from the Forum and apparently about 1500 of mine were in his threads. I think I might be back of 10K again within a day or two.

Ain't that somethin'?
Phil,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have had some personal experience working through major conflicts in my church and a non profit. Humanity's tendency to polarize into factions each telling a simple narrative that justifies their fears and prejudgments is well documented. Best wishes in your efforts to encourage folks to worship the healing Spirit of the Lord rather than their wounds and fears.

blessings,
Herb

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Phil.....it will be Monday night when I ride to work. I guess I have to take a pic for WVRider when I get there. So make sure the ink doesn't fade off when signing. I will pick it up, either at doorstep (if you will be in Wy) ( plan on being in CO 6-21 night till 6-24) or pick up in person with a ride around attached!
I will leave YOU the fun of first one to ATTACH a 100K sticker to the bike. I will be first one to achieve! will there be a ceremony?

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It'll be the same kind of exciting ceremony we had when I gave you your 50K sticker.

Congratulations are waiting to come your way!!

It's looking pretty good for me to get my bike back up here next Monday. Joanne's going to come up this weekend and we'll go back home Sunday afternoon and I'll ride back up next Monday.

Definitely pictures of the odometer's when that happens. Anxious to see what that looks like in case mine EVER gets there !
I switched my odometer from miles to kilometers tonight and here's a picture of what the mileage display looks like once it's over 100,000

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Cool! I had been afraid that it wouldn't show six-figure totals.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
When the contest is won I wonder if the three of you would mind posting all the repairs you have had to make to your NT's in obtaining these high mileage numbers. I know each of you has posted separately over time things that you had to do but it would be helpful to see it all posted in one place.
Thanks

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I was thinking about that. like what does it take to achieve 100K. will be forthcoming @ 99,949 ye-haw

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
When the contest is won I wonder if the three of you would mind posting all the repairs you have had to make to your NT's in obtaining these high mileage numbers. I know each of you has posted separately over time things that you had to do but it would be helpful to see it all posted in one place.
Thanks
Excellent idea!! We'll be able to see any commonality too.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The race to 100,000 miles has become the race for the second to 100,000 miles. I finally managed to get above 97,000 miles today!

Phil I just rolled over 94,000 miles on my 2011 NT700V. So I think this has just become the can a 2011 NT owner with 2 motorcycles beat a 2010 NT owner to 100,000 miles race.

P.S. Sorry Phil I'm just messing with you :smile:

Top Bottom