OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Only one wheel? Hardcore...simply hardcore..... :rofl1:

(How in the heck did I manage to accidentally delete my post you referenced? I really do need a vacation....)
lol... I must have quoted right as you were deleting it... okay fine... Only 3... but that's it, not a single one more.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I'll miss you, Chris. If you miss too many of these things, you'll miss some of us. We're getting older and older and the year will come when we will never be there again. :cool:
I will miss artemedes very much. But his name isnt chris and i wont blow his cover. ! But he is a great guy to talk with. THIS Chris is looking forward to being there. Being State Patrol, I did have to testify in court cases but I will never be a jury member. I dont have to be as I have medical issues and I am over 65, and I dont believe in jurys anyway. But others I have known have no issues asking for another time period.
Work is the curse of the riding class, K.!!!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't know about you guys, but my memory for names is "gone, gone, gone and crying' won't bring it back."

Bike
2018 CanAm Spyder RTL
FalconAF, I sure hope you come to Spearfish! It'll be great to see you!
Well, so much for that idea. I was gonna plan on arriving Tuesday night (22nd) and leaving (checking out of hotel) either Saturday or Sunday. Nope. Every hotel I looked at in Spearfish has nothing available for Friday/Saturday night. So I would only get 3 nights (Tue, Wed, Thur) and have to check out Friday morning. Seems the "weekend" is already booked everywhere in town. I'm gonna look at some hotels relatively close to Spearfish that would be on my way back home (like Gillette) and if I can find a Friday night somewhere I might still come and just "hit the road for home" Friday afternoon.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I finally found the song I was looking for. It's by Lefty Frizzell and these were the lyrics I was trying to remember:

She said if ever deceived her
She'd be gone before I could count ten
I guess that I didn't believe her
'Cause look at the trouble I'm in
She's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone, gone
Crying won't bring her back
The more that I cry the faster that train
Flies farther on down the track

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
lol... I must have quoted right as you were deleting it... okay fine... Only 3... but that's it, not a single one more.
i was thinking of making the rally on 3 wheels, but don't have enough vacation time. then me and falconAF would have teamed up the Spyders and ran over all those 2 wheelers!!!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Well, so much for that idea. I was gonna plan on arriving Tuesday night (22nd) and leaving (checking out of hotel) either Saturday or Sunday. Nope. Every hotel I looked at in Spearfish has nothing available for Friday/Saturday night. So I would only get 3 nights (Tue, Wed, Thur) and have to check out Friday morning. Seems the "weekend" is already booked everywhere in town. I'm gonna look at some hotels relatively close to Spearfish that would be on my way back home (like Gillette) and if I can find a Friday night somewhere I might still come and just "hit the road for home" Friday afternoon.
I looked and there is/was still some availability in Belle Fourche.

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
In making hotel reservations for this trip, we noted that hotels are harder to find than even 2 years ago. Lots of events and people who want to travel......

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
FalconAF, you might take a look at Belle Fourche. Mike Simmons found a relatively low-price room there.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
There are motels stacked on motels on google maps motels.....hard to believe someone wont have a cancelation.........what's going one?
Falcon AF.jpg

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
BTW, Yellowstone NP just set a May record for visitors....People want out on the road and the RV makers are selling 500,000 new tent campers, fifth wheels, motorhomes, etc every year now.....Yes, folks, that an average of 10,000 a state per year.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Yep - they're on the road alright. I live on US 2 and this is the year DOT is doing a major rebuild. They just milled off all the blacktop and are continuing to work. Traffic is backed up for a mile at times. It is alternating one way traffic with commuters, visitors, locals, construction trucks, RVs, and a few drunks. Plenty of cops patrolling, I think in an effort to keep things safe as possible given the mentality and lack of patience of drivers now-a-days.

Chris, we can make an estimate of the fuel consumption per hour of vehicles going past my driveway. I bet it is a big number - and that is just one highway. That will have to be after the second refreshment of the afternoon.

Protesters are attempting to shut down pipeline #5 (42'-48"). The proponents of the line claim that would put 90 trucks per hour hauling the same amount of petroleum eastward (and of course 90 more trucks going back the other way 24-7).

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yep - they're on the road alright. I live on US 2 and this is the year DOT is doing a major rebuild. They just milled off all the blacktop and are continuing to work. Traffic is backed up for a mile at times. It is alternating one way traffic with commuters, visitors, locals, construction trucks, RVs, and a few drunks. Plenty of cops patrolling, I think in an effort to keep things safe as possible given the mentality and lack of patience of drivers now-a-days.

Chris, we can make an estimate of the fuel consumption per hour of vehicles going past my driveway. I bet it is a big number - and that is just one highway. That will have to be after the second refreshment of the afternoon.

Protesters are attempting to shut down pipeline #5 (42'-48"). The proponents of the line claim that would put 90 trucks per hour hauling the same amount of petroleum eastward (and of course 90 more trucks going back the other way 24-7).
Love it! Its the new math! Maybe its just easier to have the Russians shut down the pipeline?
Using the new math, you can even make ethanol look good....
Fun fact. The average age of a US car on the road at this time is 12 years. I have a 2004, a 2006, an a 2018. That makes me AVERAGE!!!!

Top Bottom