2013 Pre-National Rally Rally (PNRR) in Colorado

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Ive been watching the weather for my ride beginning on Friday.
Looks like all three days I have planned in CO I have a 40% chance of getting wet
I have good raingear, but I dont like fooling with boot covers. I can handle anything Mother Nature throws my way so long as my feet dont get wet.
Hence, I am going to visit my local Cycle Gear today or tomorrow and buy some cheap BILT rainproof boots so I can just be ready.
They are all half off, so I might be able to get some for under $50
I'm not too crazy about the Bilt quality myself... I'd hit moto liberty instead and look for some Tourmaster Solution boots instead.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Actually don't know if Moto Liberty has those but I know motorcyclegear.com does and they get you stuff fast.
Its too late for me, Joe
I'm outta here Friday morning early..Gonna have to take what I can find locally on the shelf ...I know Maxim carries Tourmaster, but not sure if they have the waterproof ones in stock
I will call them and Moto Liberty

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Gotcha, well I think the bilt stuff just has that cheap feel to them and may not be the quality of the TM... I've had the solution boots and they were comfortable out of the box and never leaked a drop. They are common so hopefully you'll find some.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
They just sold their last two pairs

Maxim is $129...MSS is $116
Not too bad

Guess I'll pop over to Allen on the way home

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
I would just like to say how much fun it was (again) to have all the forum members up here for a nice ride and to meet all the folks who made it here. Phil, you are a star at writing ride reports!! It was my pleasure to host this event and hopefully we can plan it again for next year. Thanks Ricardo for posting the vids! LOL!!!

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Rocky, I am sorry this thank you is a week late, but this is the first time I have had good wifi since I left your house. I had a little bit Sunday night, but every time I got this message typed and hit send it failed. So I want to thank and commend both you and Margie for being such wonderful host, and I want to second everything Phil and Chuck said also.

You have a wonderful home and a wonderful family.

It was a pleasure spending time with, and meeting everyone. See most of you at Spearfish next week!

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
Thank you all for coming! I had a great time and wish I could have done SpearFish but ...Oh Well. I did put on close to 900 miles this week doing day trips around Colorado with my friend Grant who trailered out his beemer for a week of riding.
We will think about a repeat of the PNRR next year, so any suggestions of better dates or ways to improve let me know.
Again, seeing everyone was great, and be safe on your way to and froim Spearfish!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Sorry to have missed out on seeing (almost) everyone. Enjoyed the fish taco dinner in Basalt with Ken. My trip turned out to be 3280miles over six days of riding staying in hotels along the way. Made it as far north as Kremmling.

Ken heading back to the reservoir
Ken in Basalt.jpg

Uh oh! (somewhere in New Mexico)
Uh Oh.jpg

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Greg, I'm sorry we didn't have contact info for Rocky's house posted at the beginning of the info on the PNRR. As the disorganizers of the event, Rocky and I didn't have a schedule, and the ride to Marble just kind of evolved on Friday afternoon. I'm glad you made contact with Ken, but was really sorry we all didn't get a chance to see you.

Why did the LEO in NM want a conversation? Probably just interested in the NT, I'll bet. :)

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Is it time to begin a 2014 thread for the PNRR?
I would like to maybe ride around CO some more this summer if possible

Top Bottom