2013 Pre-National Rally Rally (PNRR) in Colorado

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Heidenau! That's the tire my friend Ken wore out so he could buy the KTM 990 Adventure. I couldn't think of the name and everything I thought of sounded Japanese.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
That's crazy the passes still have snow Chuck. My boss absolutely will not let me leave a day early anyway. I can't even leave Eastern Kansas until the 27th. So given the DR will probably requre more breaks than my NT, I am planning at least two days travel to make it the Ruedi. I should get plenty of Dual sporting during the utah portion of the trip.

So far I am loving the Heidinau K60 scouts. I did a test in the dirt and tried to do a roost, the darn things just dug in and instead spraying dirt behind me I was going faster than expected on one wheel. Accidental wheelies are fun! I was amped to try them on the Colorado trails. They make them in Strom sizes too.
Don't even try to change that Heidinau rear tire in the field. Had one on my KLR and was not happy with cost vs. milage. Although it does hook up well.
Art, sorry your boss won't give you the time off, maybe you ought to retire.:rofl1: Just kidding. Guess I will see you there at the reservoir. What is you proposed route?

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Guys, I will be down at Black Canyon of the Gunnison for a few days before the Pre-Rally. If anyone is coming up from the South and wants to ride together on Friday give me a shout and we can pick a place to meet. I was planning on riding a route Phil recommended, but I am flexible to modifications.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Richard, make anybody who joins you run CO-92 with you. Neither you nor they will regret it!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Rocky, Do you know if Hagerman Pass is motorcycle (DR650) passable yet? I'll be there Friday for sure. Don't know which bike I will bring yet. The NT or the DR. Depends on the Pass conditions of Hagerman, Mosquito, and Boreas Passes. Will they be passable by Thursday? That is the question.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Well according to my research, Hagerman Pass is open now, but, Mosquito, and Boreas Passes are still not passable completely. Mosquito still has some snow banks across the trail and Boreas Pass is gated until July. Sooooo, I will be on the NT. See you all tomorrow afternoon. By the way, How many folks do we have attending?

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well according to my research, Hagerman Pass is open now, but, Mosquito, and Boreas Passes are still not passable completely. Mosquito still has some snow banks across the trail and Boreas Pass is gated until July. Sooooo, I will be on the NT. See you all tomorrow afternoon. By the way, How many folks do we have attending?
I have no idea!
REALLY? I go to the trouble to add the rsvp link on the calendar, homepage, 1st page of this event.. and YOU still don't know.. .ugh :doh1:

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Well, I know that 10 have RSVP'd, but I know at least two others who are going without RSVPs. So... I have no idea!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
REALLY? I go to the trouble to add the rsvp link on the calendar, homepage, 1st page of this event.. and YOU still don't know.. .ugh :doh1:
I saw that but as I know from my own COSTOC event, and you know from your own NatSTOC event, the RSVP list is not always that accurate.:well1: See you at NatSTOC :D

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I saw that but as I know from my own COSTOC event, and you know from your own NatSTOC event, the RSVP list is not always that accurate.:well1: See you at NatSTOC :D
True but it's the best you're gonna do. It's about 80% accurate give or take 40%.. :rofl1:

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
Good Morning all! It will be fun to see you all and see who RSVP'ed and really comes. I am off work for a week or so, today getting the house ready for everyone's arrival. I have an assortment of sodas, some adult beverages, and thought we could start with some brats boiled in beer and onions and grilled. PLEASE send me some suggestions on what kind of stuff you might like me to pick up for our enjoyment. I am probably going to shop later today and try to be stocked.
See you soon!!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Good Morning all! It will be fun to see you all and see who RSVP'ed and really comes. I am off work for a week or so, today getting the house ready for everyone's arrival. I have an assortment of sodas, some adult beverages, and thought we could start with some brats boiled in beer and onions and grilled. PLEASE send me some suggestions on what kind of stuff you might like me to pick up for our enjoyment. I am probably going to shop later today and try to be stocked.
See you soon!!
Rocky sound great, thank you. I am a brat and burger man myself. I am not a big fan of slimy fish. :) Rocky can you send me your address so I can load it into my GPS? Thanks

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
See you soon!!

I am on my way. Had a perfect morning riding so far. This time of year can be miserable to ride across KS but it was comforable and surprisingly cool at speed. Starting to get hot as i stopped for lunch. I will stay in seiber or Colorado Springs tonight then work my up hwy 24 to Reudi on friday.

See everyone friday afternoon.

Bike
Chuck, my address is 1110 McLaughlin Lane, Basalt, CO. Now, I am not sure if it has been corrected but many times past GPS instructions have told drivers to turn on Ruedi Creek Road, not McLaughlin. THIS IS WRONG! Easy to get here though!! Take the Frying Pan road out of Basalt and at about 12 miles you will be at the dam and have a good view of the lake. Keep going and on your right shortly you will see the turnoff for the campground and boat dock. Just past that the road takes a sweeping right and on your left is Ruedi Creek Road, Keep going and the road swings left and clearly marked is McLaughlin, turn left. (the only way you can turn). Follow McLaughlin, I have really never measured but my house is about a mile from the turnoff. You will meander up and start driving away from the lake, then the road makes a sharp right, up a somewhat steep hill, and then at the top of the hill go right again and you are heading towards the lake. The gray house with the green roof, and my sons have their big blue boat at the end of my driveway, 4th house on the right from the top of the hill. Just stay on McLaughlin all the way up, the road is in great shape and do not let the hill scare ya, I drive it every day!
See everyone soon!

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Sigh, you won't see me until Saturday afternoon, but barring the unforeseen I will get there.

Bike
Sigh, you won't see me until Saturday afternoon, but barring the unforeseen I will get there.
Not sure what your schedule is, but I have taken next week off and have friends bringing their bike out from Wisconsin to do some Colorado riding next week. Feel free to join us!

Top Bottom