OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
LOL.. some folks just have to show up early and get the best spot.. LOL I thought all those areas were still considered 'primitive camping'.. hey, not complaining, it's still the nicest campground I've ever been at. See you in a couple days.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Safe in keystone tonite. Todat rode north rim of the black canyon, independence pass and fremont pass. Tomorrow loveland pass, berthoud pass and trail ridge pkwy

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I WAS leaving tomorrow to arrive on Wednesday, but I had a few set backs. I'll ride US 2 to MN 23 to US 212 and west. Looks like I'll be traveling Wednesday and Thursday so I'll plan to camp whereever there is room left. I'm not sure that "reserving" a spot for a friend is approptiate when folks are pouring in. My current ETA is Thrusday PM. I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas time. See Ya.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I WAS leaving tomorrow to arrive on Wednesday, but I had a few set backs. I'll ride US 2 to MN 23 to US 212 and west. Looks like I'll be traveling Wednesday and Thursday so I'll plan to camp whereever there is room left. I'm not sure that "reserving" a spot for a friend is approptiate when folks are pouring in. My current ETA is Thrusday PM. I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas time. See Ya.
The place is big and we've yet to even come close to filling it up so don't worry about that, have a safe ride.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Safe in keystone tonite. Todat rode north rim of the black canyon, independence pass and fremont pass. Tomorrow loveland pass, berthoud pass and trail ridge pkwy
Clay, why don't you give me a call tomorrow night when you get to Greeley. Thanks!

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Packed and loaded. Leaving Albuquerque in next 30 minutes. Staying overnite at Motel 6 in Thornton, Co. Plan to arrive in Spearfish Wed. Afternoon. See everyone then.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Spokane to Billings yesterday. 550 miles of sun, rain, thunderstorms, wind, and hail. That's Montana! Easy day today and gliding into Spearfish late afternoon or early AM.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Only 190 miles today
The speed limit in the Park is only 35. That sounds awful, but it may have actually decreased the time it takes to get through. At 35, there's not so much stop and go.

bicyclist

Got my new tire on. We'll head out tomorrow morning from Fort Collins.

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Good days ride, thru Santa Fe, Taos, Ft. Garland CO, LaVeta pass, Walsenburg, then I-25 Pueblo, Colo. Springs, then Denver at rush hour. Won't make that mistake of timing again! Only bad time today was 30 to 50 mph crosswind with light rain north of Pueblo. Wasn't sure I was going to stay on the road. I'll get an early start tomorrow for the final leg to Spearfish.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
At wilson lake, ks. Hit 100 temps most of the way and hit 110 for a while now in thunderstorm so things are cooling off.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hey, it's down to 87F here in Fort Morgan. I'll be leaving at about 7:30 tomorrow morning to meet Clay (RedNigel) at Briggsdale, 53 miles NW of here. We'll take the scenic route through eastern Wyoming and get to Spearfish in the afternoon.

kenstone

Just checking in...
950+ miles, hit two birds, 20 miles of dirt road/construction

In my truck, towing the NT:redface::shrug2:
Arrived a day early, managed to get the last room at Bells...a little "debugging", breakfast, and I'll be ready to roll Wed. a.m.:cool:
Red NT Rm147,
Kenstone

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
You are the man! I personally will eat a slice of pizza for you.

BTW, those Black Mountains that were such a thrill on four wheels are an even greater thrill on two wheels...as I'm sure you figured out. But, they are only Hills, not Mountains. I don't know who made that decision -- they're mountainous enough for me. Maybe it's because they don't go as high as the Rockies a couple hundred miles west of them do.

Enjoy your trip around Europe and remember: It didn't happen if there are no pictures! :)

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Wish I could be there again this year, but not meant to be. Safe riding and enjoy.

tawilke46

Here I am, once again, at home looking north to Spearfish, SD. Wishing I could be there. Just was not to be again this year.
Have a great time everyone! Weather looks cooler than last year. Have some extra pizza for me too!

Just got my house back yesterday after two weeks of having all three of my kids and my two grand girls here for a wonderful albeit noisy reunion. Linda and I will be in reclamation mode today around the house.

I have to say, Christian, you did Spearfish in style. Even think Linda could handle the RV style of travel.

Top Bottom