A Real Deal on a Shoei Neotec 2 ... Maybe?

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Am I the only one who read the order as #00018 Sena Communication....etc?
Maybe it’s just the Sena comm unit FOR a Shoei Neotec II. Inquiring minds really want to know.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I bought a NEOTEC II back in October for nearly $700. The Insurance company gave me a $500 allowance for a new helmet. $200 for an upgrade.

This seems to be totally
SUS to me.

1619667749313.png

As the old saying goes. "A fool and his money are soon parted". I am just saying.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Am I the only one who read the order as #00018 Sena Communication....etc?
Maybe it’s just the Sena comm unit FOR a Shoei Neotec II. Inquiring minds really want to know.
If you went to the site and read it, what you can figure out -- if you're patient enough! -- is that what Wendell ordered is not just a Neotec 2, but a Neotec 2 with a Sena Bluetooth communication system.

I will say that while I've good luck in ordering things that come from China, it has taken a great deal of patience for some of them. Shipping has been very slow on nearly everything that I've ordered. But maybe this will be different because I haven't figured out why a helmet would be shipped from Japan to China and then to the US. Unless Shoei figured that could sell a bunch helmet to Chinese motorcyclist and then learned that they couldn't.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I will say that while I've good luck in ordering things that come from China said:
Yup! The few items that I have ordered from China have taken well over a month.... a slow boat indeed. Wendell, you'd better hope they don't route your boat thru the Suez canal.... I'm just sayin'...

Mike
;)

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Another possibility: “Factory second” or, perhaps returned goods merchandise sold from Japan to China, that the Chinese reject as unsuitable??

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Now Wendell has a bunch of us sitting on the edge of our seats..... the sad part is, judging from the average age of the NT Forum member and the speed of shipping from China, some of us may not be around for the exciting conclusion......

:rofl1:

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Hmm, the helmet is in China and their support email listing is a Russian (.RU) email domain. It ought to be interesting to see what shows up.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Helmet from China, email from Russia.... what could possibly go wrong?

:rolleyes:

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Got some non believers here it sounds like. You guys have to think positive thoughts.

Brad

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Got some non believers here it sounds like. You guys have to think positive thoughts.
Brad
OK, we're positive Wendell is gonna get screwed somehow. We just haven't figgered it out yet! That better?

:biggrin:

Mike

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Here is one person's "helmet" experience....
I had a very similar experience with a third-party seller on Amazon. My nephews, you wanted these Marc Marquez sweatshirts. It was coming from China, "Red Flag!!!"

When they did finally showed up, the printing looked like the sweatshirt has been washed 500 times as was nearly faded away. I went back and forth with the seller like the guy in the Youtube video. They tried to play the same refund bartering method with me. I was not backing down and told them that I was going to report them to Amazon for selling counterfeit goods and then I got the full refund not more excuses. I also got to throw them sweatshirts away in the trash. That seller quickly disappeared not too long afterward.

Top Bottom