A Real Deal on a Shoei Neotec 2 ... Maybe?

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Shucks, I'm voting that he'll get it, but it's probably not even out of China.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I ordered a special tool set from China a few months ago and was surprised at how quickly it arrived. Only took a couple of weeks!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I ordered a cargo net from China on Ebay and it arrived in less than a week. :) It was the lowest price and had "Free Shipping" so I'd expected it to go by slow boat via Cape Horn. 🤔 They made up for it on the installation guide...it was all bad pictograms dating from around 1,000,000 BC.:rofl1:

So we are in the hurry up and wait mode on the helmet. I've been gone for a week helping one of my granddaughters graduate from High School and we had an incredible family time together, but now back to the real world. I just tracked my order status and it said "Awaiting Processing"!!! (thats Russian or Chinese for "Sucker")! So I sent an email to my "friends" in Russia requesting delivery dates and received a failure notice indicating my email did not go through. As the famous line in Casablanca says, "I'm shocked, shocked...." However, trust me, I'm not laying awake nights worrying about it but it is sorta interesting to see how it will all play out......... This soap opera might take quite awhile to play out -
Wendell

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I ordered a folding and adjustable aluminum laptop computer laptop stand. I got a confirmation email fairly quickly. But then nothing for about two months. Like you, I sent an email (or two or three) to my friends in China with no reply. I ordered this on Facebook and at least 2 or 3 times a week the ad that I had ordered from be there again. I started adding a review in a reply to the ad and got a apology assuring me that they were working to to resolve my issue.

I saw an ad for the same product with the price marked down from $19.99 to $11.99 from another company. And placed an order there. I got another immediate confirmation, and then nothing. Then one day I got a notice that the product had shipped from the 2nd company. A week later, here it was. Turned out that the lowest angle it would hold my laptop was too steep for me to able to type. I ended up learning that a small plastic cutting board was the perfect laptop stand to allow the laptop to run cool and be easy to type on.

About a month after I figured that out, I got a folding/adjustable aluminum computer stand from the first company, about 8 months after my initial order.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
About six weeks ago I ordered some LED bulbs from our friends in China for my wife's vanity. It was the only source I could find for the exact bulb I was looking for. After four weeks and no bulbs, I emailed an inquiry to them. After two weeks and no reply I contacted PayPal this morning and lodged a complaint. This happened once before several years ago with a Chinese merchant and PayPal took care of it.

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
This happened once before several years ago with a Chinese merchant and PayPal took care of it.
I've had it happen a couple times with USA based sellers...one just last week. EBay and PayPal have been pretty good in resolving issues. Just to make sure I'm not left holding the bag I linked my AMEX to PayPal. One phone call to AMEX and someone ain't getting paid. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
OK, Wendell, it's been quite a while now -- any news on your bargain helmet?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yeah, I'd forgotten about the bargain of the century.... whassup?

Mike

So I’m down in Costa Rica just now getting dental work done and then it’s off to the beach to go snorkeling, kayaking and hiking in the jungles. I’m probably the only guy around that enjoys visiting his dentist. It’s my 5th trip down here in 10 years and I can’t wait for my next tooth ache! Quiet frankly I’d forgotten about the helmet. Early on I had filed a protest with PayPal and they said they would get back to me. I also contacted the seller at the Russian email and they replied that my order had been canceled - but of course there was no mention of a refund. I tried to pass that email on to PayPal but they provided no good way to give feedback on their dispute proceedings but I sent it to them in any case. So there we be - no helmet and no refund……..yet! Thanks for the reminder to make some noise PayPals way….:..

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Russia, eh?! That explains a lot! I believe that PayPal will eventually take care of you.

Mike

MoDuMan

So I’m down in Costa Rica just now getting dental work done and then it’s off to the beach to go snorkeling, kayaking and hiking in the jungles. I’m probably the only guy around that enjoys visiting his dentist. It’s my 5th trip down here in 10 years and I can’t wait for my next tooth ache! Quiet frankly I’d forgotten about the helmet. Early on I had filed a protest with PayPal and they said they would get back to me. I also contacted the seller at the Russian email and they replied that my order had been canceled - but of course there was no mention of a refund. I tried to pass that email on to PayPal but they provided no good way to give feedback on their dispute proceedings but I sent it to them in any case. So there we be - no helmet and no refund……..yet! Thanks for the reminder to make some noise PayPals way….:..
I fell for this one too. I called the CC company and disputed the charge. A few days later received a notice of cancelation from the Russian site followed by the Chinese Pay Pal. Looks like they shipped to the wrong address. I followed up by filling a claim with UPS. They make it very hard to file a claim since you have to enter a phone number for the shipper. I Google translated the Chinese address and found a fake Petroleum company phone number. It was fake, so I ended up entering UPS's shipping phone number.

Bottom line, this is a scam. Hope you & I get our money back.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I guess I'm probably the person to blame. I think I used the Forum to show the link to this "deal" after seeing it online else. Sorry!! :eek:

MoDuMan

No, not at all. I found this thread as I was researching my entrapment. Enjoy the experience LOL

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
No, not at all. I found this thread as I was researching my entrapment. Enjoy the experience LOL
Well, I'm glad you weren't taken in because I shared the link on the Forum. On, the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Wendell was. 😬

Top Bottom