Adventure Bike for Inseam Challenged? Tiger 900 GT LHR

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I was going to remove a piece of plastic on the 900GT to run the GPS Power cable. I would have to loosen/disassemble the tank protection bar assemblies... Plan B.

I have not looked at the Triumph Valve check yet. My plan was to let the dealer service do major service until the warranty expires.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I was going to remove a piece of plastic on the 900GT to run the GPS Power cable. I would have to loosen/disassemble the tank protection bar assemblies... Plan B.

I have not looked at the Triumph Valve check yet. My plan was to let the dealer service do major service until the warranty expires.
I don't trust dealers for the valve checks myself. It's rare but there was a recent thread on the tracer site where someone had burnt a valve at 56k miles and he only let the dealer do the checks. I know it could just be bad luck but I can also see someone at a dealer saying everything is in spec and either not doing the work or doing a bad job and charging for it because how do you prove anything?

I just looked at my tracer service manual and the tank comes off so does the radiator and once that's off you have easy access to the valve cover. I guess that also makes you flush the coolant every couple of years too so not so bad. The throttle bodies had to come off w/Super Ten which was a pain. Also the cam chain tensioner on the Super Ten was crazy to reset, had to take to a dealer to get that done. Looks like the one on the Tracer is much easier.

I still have my eye on that 850 GSA w/6 gallon tank... It really spoils you when your previous bikes include an ST1300 w/almost a 300 mile range.

I did decide to add a couple dryspec fuel bottle holders to my Dolomiti bags when on long tours just in case. Good for a 1/2 gallon.

IMG_20201211_134425.jpg

Top Bottom