Cee Bailey's

CoolNT

Nice. It doesn't look as huge as I thought it'd be. I have the +2 light grey tint.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Rick,

It isn't all "logical"...:rolleyes: I had the first version of the Cee Bailey, no "flip" in those, in a +4. When the better fitting version Two "flip" came out I went with a +2. Why, first the "flip" effectively "adds" the same coverage as more windshield height so I needed less + sizing to work... Secondly, HEAT :eek1: To simulate a +4 I suggest you put your OEM shield up two clicks and ride in the heat, that is about the equivalent of a +4 without the "flip factored in, and see if you still get enough airflow when you want it... Keep in mind you can raise a +2 another notch, all the way to position five if you think you need it, but you can't lower it below position one when you want more air...

Now for the "illogical".:rolleyes: From a purely aesthetic point of view I thought the +4 looked too big, the +2 "flip" gives more of a sport bike look in my opinion... That and putting too big of a "barn door" windshield on your NT might let one of those slow :turtle: Red :turtle: NTs catch you...if you were going uphill against a F-5 force tornado headwind...:D

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I have the Cal Sci with a +5.5" I only use the three bottom settings most of the time. Third setting and my eyes are just above the edge of the shield. The 4th setting I am looking through the shield.

For dead of summer I put the original shield back on and leave it all the way down. If I am going to take a long trip I put the big shield on (less turbulence means less stress on the neck and less noise in the helmet). It takes less than 5 min to change them.

Also, if you get a +4 and you think it's too high it can be cut down. You can't make a +2 bigger ;) FWIW, I may cut a little off of mine, 1/2" to 1".

charlie

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Also, if you get a +4 and you think it's too high it can be cut down.
Charlie,

The new second version of Cee Bailey windshields for the NT have the reverse curve or "flip" at the top, except the OEM replacement sized 15 inch, so you can't really cut it down very easily...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Probably totally irrelevant, but the stock Concours 1000 windscreen had a flip. Most of the replacements don't. Our experience with the Connie was that the flip induced turbulence. I'd be leery of a screen with it if I didn't have a chance to ride with it and return it if I didn't like it. The gap behind the NT's windscreen which encourages laminar flow might make all the difference. The Connie's screen was tightly screwed to the fairing.

Igo

It would be nice to compare the two brands.
Is there a prefered vendor for buying either of these?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Is there a prefered vendor for buying either of these?
Cee Bailey sells direct and gives outstanding customer service / support. They are one of the most customer focused companies I have dealt with in a loooong time!

Igo

Great. As soon as I see my bike in the daylight I'm going to check windshield height. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I bought my Cal Sci from Cal Sci. They have a policy that they will shorten the screen for you if you want it. So they recommend buying the largest you might want, try it, and then see if you want it shorter.

The Cal Sci will NOT fit with the hand deflectors. It has little wings on each side instead to increase protection of the hands.

Igo

I wonder which windshield is more aerodynamic. The Cal Si looks larger but the Cee Bailey has the flip. I see pros and cons in both but I can’t really know for sure. I’d love to see both.
Saturday I get to test the NT shield in normal riding conditions. The stock shield is a PITA with massive cross winds where my old ACE did a great job. Still, I’d like to keep things as compact and aerodynamic as is possible.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Wonder which works better, screen or OEM deflectors?
I believe they complement each other... The Hand Deflectors keeps most of the breeze off my hands and my Cee Bailey allows me to adjust the amount of air I want... Two different solutions for two different issues...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
A new option for windscreens I noticed in the back of Cycle World (so all three of my Monday Motorcycle magazines mentioned the NT after all) is from National Cycle (nationalcycle.com), the N20002, specifically for the NT700V. Way wider at the top, this one probably wouldn't with the wind deflectors. It looks like in the low position, it would almost touch the top of the mirrors.

Igo

National Cycle makes a great wind screen. I'll have to look at it too.

Igo

A new option for windscreens I noticed in the back of Cycle World (so all three of my Monday Motorcycle magazines mentioned the NT after all) is from National Cycle (nationalcycle.com), the N20002, specifically for the NT700V. Way wider at the top, this one probably wouldn't with the wind deflectors. It looks like in the low position, it would almost touch the top of the mirrors.
Heck. The National Cycle web site has the NT on its home/index page.

Igo

Here we go.

Top Bottom