Cee Bailey's

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
OK, I don't see anyone with a +6.

I have the CalSci +5.5 and I find I ride with it all the time on the middle setting or higher. Middle setting puts it right below my line of sight.

Has anyone rode with the +6 and how did you like it?

Mattb

I see a few of you have put the dark gray windshield on the bike and I too like the look of it. My question is what do you do if you ride at night? If you get caught out after dark and you want the shield up, it looks like you'll have the equivalent of looking through sunglasses at night. This may be fine for Corey Hart, but has anyone done this and what's their assessment of it?
Nice 80's reference. :)

briankay

I just received, installed and went for a ride with my new +2" dark smoke windshield. I must admit that I may have made a mistake getting the tint...I should have went clear!!! Maybe it will take some getting use to, but not thrilled right now. Any options with CB on returns or exchanges?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Has anyone rode with the +6 and how did you like it?
Charlie,

My original Cee Bailey windshield was a First Generation +6 and it was way too tall for me... With the windshield in its second lowest position it was just below my sight line. I dropped down to a +2 "flip", in light gray, when Cee Bailey exchanged it for a Second Generation. I prefer to look over my windshield in most situations rather trying to peer through it!

Edit: I am 5"10" with a 29-30" inseam and have a Corbin seat (Lowers me about an inch)

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I should probably post in here with my +6 experience too.

Had the CalSci +5.5 and wasn't really happy with it. It worked, but, it was ugly, and I had to cover the vent hole near the bottom of the screen. I got lucky and the dealer scratched it up. So they offered to pay for a new screen and didn't care if I tried another one. So, got the CB +6 in clear.

Bottom line is I love it. I have ridden with it for a few hundred miles and I have come to like the middle setting the best. Puts the screen about nose level. Puts the airflow just over the top of the helmet. If I put it up to position 4 then I look through the top of the screen (the screen is at eyebrow level). At the lowest position the airflow hits my chin.

The width is also nice. Keeps most of the airflow off the shoulders. Also, in cross winds it is a little better.

So, for anyone who wants complete airflow coverage the +6 is good. And it looks pretty good for a big barn door of a windshield. :)

Wayne, don't know about the first gen screens but this one has a large curve in it and then the flip.
FYI, I am 5-10 with 32 inseam. I also have a Russell seat (adds about 1" of height).

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
ok, another thoroughly informative thread for me. i'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. with stock seat and windshield my head is always in turbulence at normal riding position. it's so loud with my full face helmet that it deters me from riding on the highway for long periods. ducking down eliminates this, but it's a very unnatural position for me and not comfortable. so hearing that the 4" worked for the guy who is 6'4" confirmed it. i have the mcl risers on order, and will now short this 4" windshield.

one way i could save money is to stop reading these forums!!! curse you all!! :) :)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Everyone, Please if you aren't doing it please wear ear plugs when you ride. You will be more refreshed at the end of your ride, you won't have ringing in your ears, and you will still be able yo hear your grandchildren when you get older.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i am sure i can come up with no sound argument against this. i will take your advice and get some and just keep a few sets in the front storage pockets for my highway riding. i never have ringing in my ears after riding, and i'd certainly like to keep it that way.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I'm 6'1" and 32" inseam, very close to Rob. I have a +4 CeeBailey. Wind noise is much improved over the stock shield. Also noticed that my half shell helmet is much quieter than my full face helmet. Seems backwards, but the full face helmet has a hiss that is LOUD. Different motorcyle and my full face is quieter. I think it has to do more with the angle the air is moving across the helmet as much as the air speed. Try some different helmets. I wear plugs regargless.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rick, since you were here (I think), I've gotten some of those expensive hearing aids. Mine cost about $6K a pair, have 24 channels (frequency ranges) that can be individually adjusted, and two programs. One is for normal situations, the other cancels (or more properly reduces/minimizes) background noises. There's also a device I plugged into my television which lets me hear it without blasting Joanne out of the room.

I need to make some more adjustments, but I think they'll be worth the money, since I really need to hear people in my work.

My tinnitis probably came from shooting and hunting, flying small planes (even though I usually wore hearing protection. But what made it permanent and really, really annoying was a few days of IV Vancomycin, an ototoxic antibiotic.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
i am sure i can come up with no sound argument against this. i will take your advice and get some and just keep a few sets in the front storage pockets for my highway riding. i never have ringing in my ears after riding, and i'd certainly like to keep it that way.
I rode for almost 20 years with out ear plugs before a good friend of mine said he would not ride with me unless I started to use them. Then he gave me some. Took me about 2 weeks to make the adjustment and now I can not go around the block with out my ear plugs. They also work good when moto camping with others. Others can party all night and I can get a good nights sleep. I also don't hear anybody snoring when sharing a motel room on a trip. I buy mine at Harbor Freight. They are extra long and inexpensive. Can also get then at Lowes or Home Depot.

Top Bottom