Lower fairing

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Sinky,

That photo was posted on the Deauville UK forum by one of the members. The European company that made that fairing either went under or ceased production of it as no one their could ever find another one... See Here for the thread on the Deauville UK forum.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Thanks for the replies guys! I found this other belly pan on the net which is actually for the NT650V ... does anyone know if this would also fit the NT700V?

Heres the link ..... http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/822968/818263/831889/BELLY-PAN---HONDA-HAWK/BROS/NTV600/NTV650/NT650V-DEAUVILLE---BLACK.item

Sinky
I don't know for sure if it will fit although where it attached on the motor on the NT650 looks pretty similar to the NT700. I would say however that it does not look like it would do much for blocking the wind for your lower legs. Other lower fairings like the Honda OEM one and the Skidmarx mate with the upper fairing on the NT but this one does not. Its really a belly pan not a lower fairing.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Sinky,

I contacted Power Bronze, before I bought my SkidMarx lowers, and that belly pan does not fit the NT700.... They did not have a model for the NT700 available when I e-mailed them...

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Didn't someone in here have the Skidmarx and was trying to figure out if the fiberglass would last under the heat load?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Didn't someone in here have the Skidmarx and was trying to figure out if the fiberglass would last under the heat load?
Yes, it is holding up fine so far. But the smell of fiberglass cooking gets fairly strong on some days. I am going to take it off this winter and make a few mods to it in an attempt to improve airflow around the exhaust pipes....

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Thanks Wayne, I thought it was on your bike. It still looks like one of my next purchases.

seansparkle

Hi Everyone,

I posted the thread on the UK Deauville owners site (by the way, I'm on this site quite a lot as I love looking at your photos in the US, but haven't really posted!) I bought the 'French Travel edition' lowers from ATH Distribution in France, they are definitely still in business and are producing the lowers. They probably would send to the US, the cost for the lowers are very reasonable (by UK standards!) and each one is hand laid up to order.
Mine arrived 2 weeks after ordering (they insisted I didn't pay until it was ready to ship - paid by paypal) and was very sturdy, very good hand built quality.
It did need a fair bit of rubbing down to remove mould marks and a bit of filling to make it perfect for spraying, but for the price it is excellent value and looks like it was factory designed.

The only minor issue is that Jean-Claude (who I dealt with) doesn't speak English, my French is basic so had to use a friend to translate and send emails, babelfish etc doesn't seem to work when you're trying to talk about technical things in another language.
If NT owners in the US were interested in this, it may be worth one of you to get one shipped over, and perhaps use it to make a mould for copying, after all that's what ATH have clearly done with the original Honda unit!

All details can be found in my post here: http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18971

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Hi Everyone,

I posted the thread on the UK Deauville owners site (by the way, I'm on this site quite a lot as I love looking at your photos in the US, but haven't really posted!) I bought the 'French Travel edition' lowers from ATH Distribution in France, they are definitely still in business and are producing the lowers. They probably would send to the US, the cost for the lowers are very reasonable (by UK standards!) and each one is hand laid up to order.
Mine arrived 2 weeks after ordering (they insisted I didn't pay until it was ready to ship - paid by paypal) and was very sturdy, very good hand built quality.
It did need a fair bit of rubbing down to remove mould marks and a bit of filling to make it perfect for spraying, but for the price it is excellent value and looks like it was factory designed.

The only minor issue is that Jean-Claude (who I dealt with) doesn't speak English, my French is basic so had to use a friend to translate and send emails, babelfish etc doesn't seem to work when you're trying to talk about technical things in another language.
If NT owners in the US were interested in this, it may be worth one of you to get one shipped over, and perhaps use it to make a mould for copying, after all that's what ATH have clearly done with the original Honda unit!

All details can be found in my post here: http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18971
Can you post more pictures of it for use. I like the simple lines of it from the one picture I saw. Also what was the cost less shipping. Thanks

seansparkle

The cost was 150 Euros for the lowers and 30 Euros for the fitting kit (which is essential) so 180 Euros in total.
The thread I've linked to has all of the info about the ordering process etc. Also all of the photos are on there, but I'll repeat them here for ease.

From the supplier:

My photos as I received it:

This is the original Honda image (only available in France!):

I've primed and painted it, just got to clearcoat it yet, I'm waiting till the weather gets a bit better, so will post the finished result later in the year.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I have yet to see a "Travel Edition" Deauville in and around Paris. I don't think it sold well at all.

Had it been available when I bought my Deauville in Feb 2010 I would have bought it. The extras I had fitted to my bike were virtually the same as those fitted to the Travel Edition.

OP
OP

sinkybrem

Guys,
I've had a look at the Honda France website, and they offer the fairing lowers like Sean's as part of the "Travel Pack". How come Honda UK don't offer this as one of their accessories? I wonder of the local Honda dealer would be able to get them?

seansparkle

Guys,
I've had a look at the Honda France website, and they offer the fairing lowers like Sean's as part of the "Travel Pack". How come Honda UK don't offer this as one of their accessories? I wonder of the local Honda dealer would be able to get them?
It's beyond me why Honda only offers it in France, I'm absolutely sure they would be a big seller in the UK and elsewhere.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I see that they've added the Travel Edition pack to this year's accessories. It was part of last year's :(

Top Bottom