Lower fairing

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
You can get to some of the more exposed areas with the UnderCowl on but, cleaning behind the Honda UnderCowl properly requires its removal.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Chuck, that's the Skidmarx like Wayne has. He can tell you how to get one.
That one is not the Skidmarx.... That is the one Duncan Frasier, on the UK forum, bought from some European company that no longer sells them and no one has found the manufacture yet...

Compare the photos of my Skidmarx in my Review with the one Chuck linked and look at the differences in mounting and coverage... I think I would rather have that one as it would be easier to mod for what I have in mind. But I also suspect that one unmodified would retain a lot more heat than a stock Skidmarx's which is my biggest issue with it....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I hope to shout it's not the Skidmarx. I should have refreshed my memory by looking at the Skidmarx.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Well, Rick, I don't have much memory. I still think I was better than I remember being... or however that goes.

Dubs

Hi !
I am living in France, and I bought this "sabot" 2 years ago.
It is very simple to fix it, and for me the NT700 is really nice to look at.
If you are interested, I can send you information about the french company providing this option.

BR,

Alain

Dubs

You can see this option on my avatar photo.
This photo was taken last year during a long tour in Swizerland... one of the best places for biking.

BR,

Alain

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Hi !
I am living in France, and I bought this "sabot" 2 years ago.
It is very simple to fix it, and for me the NT700 is really nice to look at.
If you are interested, I can send you information about the french company providing this option.

BR,

Alain
The picture is a bit hard to see the details. Please post the info on the company and post some more pictures of the lower faring. Thanks

Dubs

The picture is a bit hard to see the details. Please post the info on the company and post some more pictures of the lower faring. Thanks

Hope you can have a better idea of the lower faring.

I just contact the company to be sure they still produce this faring.
Keep you informed.

Alain

Dubs

If you wish better images, send me your @mail and I send you the pictures.

Alain

Dubs

And you Chuck, between KLR & ST, between DL & NT... which bike gave you the best feeling ??

Alain

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
And you Chuck, between KLR & ST, between DL & NT... which bike gave you the best feeling ??

Alain
My ST1300 is a 2003 and has over160000 km on it now. I use it for long distance rides as it is not uncommon to do 1200 km a day and some times 1600 km a day here in the western US. The KLR of course is for riding off road in the mountains. If I ride it on the highway with the KLR, 500 to 600 km is about as far in one day as I can go. I have put an after market seat on it.

The NT700 and the DL650 are very close in handling and feel. Both will do the long distance but I am comfortable with 800 km a day on these bikes. The DL is weighs the least, but the NT has better weather protection. The DL has no luggage space so one must buy that extra (givi) Of course I also got the large lids extra for the NT. If I could only have one bike then the DL would be the bike to have as it does about everything all the rest on my bikes can do. Thank goodness I am fortunate to be able to have multiple motorcycles. I like riding the NT700 around the city of Denver and short over night trips in Colorado. It is fun in the mountains curves because it is not as heavy as the ST and in the curves one does not need all the horsepower of the ST. The DL is the most neutral handling, and smother than the NT. The ST is the smoothest because of the V4 motor
The DL is great for when the pavement stops and the dirt road goes on and the KLR is the best for jeep roads. The correct tool for the right job.

Dubs

The first answer from the fairing supplier is negative : the production of this item is closed now.
But I asked if it could begin again in case of several orders.

So, NT700 US bikers, how many of you would be interested in such a fairing ?

Dubs

Hi Chuck,

Thank's for all these details.
It's clear we have similar preferences for bikes, the only difference is that I have one bike after the other !

I took pleasure with Suzuki DR650 (1997==> 2007), very nice engine but not comfortable enough for long distances.
Then I wavered between DL650 and NT700, but I wanted to get rid of chain.
Several friends have a ST1300, but worse reputation in Europe than the ST1100 previous one (frame rigidity).

Last december I could ride a King road Harley : wonderfull engine, and comfortable.

For all : which bike after the NT700 ?

Alain

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The first answer from the fairing supplier is negative : the production of this item is closed now.
But I asked if it could begin again in case of several orders.

So, NT700 US bikers, how many of you would be interested in such a fairing ?
Interested but it depends on total price to include shipping.

Dubs

I paid 350€ for a painted one in 2010.
No idea for shipping price.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
After the NT? That's a long way out into the future. Hopefully I'll still be able to ride. I may well look for a low mileage used NT. Nothing on the market right now tempts me at all.

Dubs

You're right, still a long way to ride and have pleasure with NT : some NT in Paris have done 300,000 kms !!

Top Bottom