Sur Yes Sur

OP
OP

Igo

Mine sir. Thank you.
Horseshoe Mesa. 2500 feet below the south rim, about half way down. Views here are among the best in the world.
Counting the minutes.

bicyclist

Have a great trip.

Guess I'll meet you when I stop by to have a test sit on Rick's seat.:wink:

OP
OP

Igo

UPDATE:
Major wind advisory at Grand Canyon. Horseshoe Mesa is not the place to be in a wind storm. Looks like I'm headed for Lake Tahoe as soon as I get the NT cleaned up. Then on to the Volcanic Strip then the Redwood coast before Big Sur.

elizilla

Heh. He needs to get a livejournal.com account and do voice posts. I did that for a couple of years, it works well. You set it up so the username at livejournal is associated with your cell phone number. Then when you call the 800 number from your cell phone and leave a voice mail, it is routed to your livejournal page, and your friends can hear it. There's an automated transcription widget, so they can read what the computer thinks you said, and they can add edited transcriptions as well.

I liked it because I don't usually want to spend hours on the phone every night while I'm traveling, going over all the day's events with multiple people who all want to know where I am and that I am OK. But I do try to stay in touch so people won't worry so much.

Here's an example of my livejournal trip updates.

elizilla

It exists and it works pretty well. Here is another example. This is a journal I created for a tour when four riders came from the UK to ride with us in the USA. I invited everyone to post to it, and got different people to talk.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Paper said the road to Big Sur is open (one way directed traffic) but the slide on Highway 1 fifty miles south will be closed another 3-4 weeks. All should be open about the time school gets out and the tourists hit the road. Gotta' love CalTrans timing!

OP
OP

Igo

I'm home all. Great adventure. I'll report when I get my ducks in a row.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Here's an example of my livejournal trip updates.
That's a neat read, Katherine. What an adventure. The one sided conversation with the woman at the motel in Cody that told you "you obviously don't know anything about safety" is classic. Also, I'm determined to remember the important subjects of hydration and nutrition in your journal.

Top Bottom