Sur Yes Sur

elizilla

There isn't always internet. Also I know sometimes when I am out and about, I just don't feel like posting. Hopefully silence just means all is well for him and he's having a great time.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
717 miles on a stock seat! you must be crippled...enjoy the ride

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
Oh Yeah...the San Joaquin valley at night is truly bug central. I disliked the street lights by the exit ramps the most, full of June bugs that pelt you as you go by. Welcome to NorCal! enjoy the scenery and stay safe, the weather looks like it will be good for you also. I will wave if I see a new "banana" go by...:cool:

OP
OP

Igo

There isn't always internet. Also I know sometimes when I am out and about, I just don't feel like posting. Hopefully silence just means all is well for him and he's having a great time.
They had internet in California 2 years before there was internet, 'cept where they grow that funny stuff. We should'a heard from him by now.

OP
OP

Igo

I can't wait to see the pictures.
I got a working top box today. Yipeee!

Eyerider

This is a third recommendation for Highway 36. You will not be sorry for the extra time and miles it takes to ride it. After you ride it once, you will be already planning how to incorporate into your next trip!
Have a safe journey.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
All you folks recommending California 36...what about California 96? I used to look at it out the window as I'd fly my rented Cessnas up to Eugene via Siskyou Pass, Ashland, and Medford. It's on my bucket list -- should I replace it with 36?

OP
OP

Igo

36 is one of the only roads of it's type with any real length in miles to it. Indeed the road has turns and twist for it's duration but what makes 36 unique in its length is that the engineers didn't flatten the rolling hills to to accommodate it. The roads not only twists but it rolls with the lay of the land. In-and-out and up-and-down. It is a roller coaster. 96 is also one of the best roads in California. So is 299 and 3. They are all right there in NW CA but 36 is the prize for reasons stated. It is also to be respected, it can launch you from the tarmac if you are not mindful.

OP
OP

Igo

Let me add this, fir Rick, 3 would be an excellent ride getting to 36 if he didn't want to ride all the way down to Red Bluff and a rather practicle way to get to the coast from Shasta Lake heading south although I wouldn't miss the part of 36 just west of Red Bluff and I especially wouldn't miss the Red Wood coast north of where 36 comes into the coast.

elizilla

36 is like southeastern Ohio, except without the coal cinders in the curves. You gotta love when the apex of the corner is also the apex of a hill, with reverse camber, and no coal cinders. :)

OP
OP

Igo

What ever you do will be a thrill. I can't wait to ride the Golden Gate again.

OP
OP

Igo

I saw that. No need to charge 36, just take it easy and enjoys the tide. PICTURES!!!!!!

OP
OP

Igo

Rick, keep an eye open for a seafood shack that looks like the locals are enjoying. I need a couple plates or some GREAT seafood. Marina or North Monterrey.

OP
OP

Igo

It's about time to hear from Rick...with lots of pictures. I sure hope I didn't kill him on that road.

bicyclist

Don't worry, he'll be fine. Remember, he said he was going to take it easy and that he may not have internet access when he gets there.

OP
OP

Igo

I told you 3500 feet is High Country in some places.
(snicker snicker)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Whoa! Is that your picture? If so, it's absolutely great! If not, it's still an absolutely great picture.

Top Bottom