Pigeon Forge, TN

==> RSVP Here <==

Campground: Great Smoky

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Re: May in Tenessee

We need a good catchy name for the get together. How about "Smoky MouNTain Rally"? Or, maybe "Big East Rally." Or, "Rally in the Valley." Other ideas??

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Re: May in Tennessee Poll

Sounds good

Smoky MouNTain Rally

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX

Date and place work for me. I will probable motel it but camping is an option if that is what the majority do. I like Smoky MouNTain Rally for a name. It seems appropriate.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold

I'll go with the flow. I just hope we can all be in one place. I'd like to meet some new faces and get to know some other riders, and that won't happen camping by myself. I'm OK with camping or motels. Good planning is a plus, but I hope we don't get too formal. I think Eldon (ExWinger) nailed the features a good place should have.

It is a beautiful area with great riding opportunities. So if we can add good fellowship and luck out with the weather, it will be great. Last year it rained a lot, and the fog really spoiled some great views. The camera didn't come out much.

Attachments

I'll go with the flow. I just hope we can all be in one place. I'd like to meet some new faces and get to know some other riders, and that won't happen camping by myself. I'm OK with camping or motels. Good planning is a plus, but I hope we don't get too formal. I think Eldon (ExWinger) nailed the features a good place should have.
My sentiments exactly. Wendell

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

Need 10 rooms for these rates, these are the 2 options will choose one latter with input

Comfort Suites Airport (TN040)
140 Cusick Rd. , Alcoa, TN,
US, 37701
Located half mile from McGhee Tyson Airport, Adjacent to Star bucks Coffee House and Ruby Tuesday restaurant. Free hot breakfast featuring fresh hot waffles. Onsite amenities include exercise room, indoor heated pool and hot tub, business center with computer access, and onsite guest laundry. Guest rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Just a short drive to Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Cades Cove, Great All Comfort Suites are smoke free.
Arrival Date: May 15, 2014
Checkout Date: May 19, 2014
Number of Rooms/Types: 10 Suites, nonsmoking with one king size bed or two queen size beds.
Best Available Group Rate, per room, per night: $ 67.96/1 – 2 persons, $ 5 /extra person charges.
Tax: 15.75 %

Econo Lodge (TN514)
2905 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN
, US, 37863
Econo Lodge located in the heart of Pigeon Forge. Red Roof Mall, trolley stop to Dollywood, and shopping adjacent. Restaurants and attractions within walking distance. All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, and hair dryer.. Free continental breakfast featuring Fresh Hot Waffles.
Arrival Date: May 15, 2014
Checkout Date: May 19, 2014
Number of Rooms/Types: 10 nonsmoking rooms with two queen size beds.
Best Available Group Rate, per room, per night: 5/15: $49.50 /1 – 2 persons, $ 7 /extra person charges. 5/16 – 5/17: $58.50/1 – 2 persons, $7/extra person charges. 5/18: $49.50/1 – 2 persons, $7/extra person charges. Tax: 12.25%

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX

Both of these sound good to me, ECONO is about $17.00 per night cheaper and the only difference I see in the aminities is that thre may not be guest laundry facility, BUT sink, or bath tub, or even shower will work for that:smile:

I will vote for ECON but if the rest of you want the COMFORT Suits I will do that as well. If we can't get enough to make the quota of 10 rooms conisider doubling up at the full rate price which divided x 2 is not really that bad either.

Eldon

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX

I voted for motel , but I will most likely have camp gear with me so I too can go with the flow. If camp ground is comparable with Spearf it would be fine.

ken

Bike
2010 Red NT700

I'm in. I'll need internet access to post final grades, so it's a hotel/motel for me. Ken

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V

I'll camp with ya Bob - if I can make it. I say after dinner everyone comes to the campground to sit around a fire together and when the "moteliers" are ready to call it a day, they just ride back to their rooms. Campfires are better than any crappy motel function room or local dive bar anyway!

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

AMA members get discount at ChoiceHotels, so if we don't get a 10 commitment rooms can be booked that way. Also a senior rate for those brands motel. Start thinking about rides you may of taken in the area. H-D route planner is a great way to share rides http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Ride_Planner/ride-planner.html

I did this route that can be shared in a very few minutes, and transferee to a gps.
http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/ridePlanner.jsp?roadId=580773&locale=en_US

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

I will attend, might even bring the wife, not far away for me. Motel, Econo Lodge. Would be nice to have camping / motel really close together like Spearfish. Like have daily gatherings at campground with everybody if possible.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

I think I found a place in Pigeon Forge, this should have a fair rate, indoor pool, guest washer, meeting area. Close to camping area, and if a wife or ? comes and does not want to go on a ride, there are things in area with a shuttle. Average for 4 days is $62.00, or if you buy room early (can not cancel or change), less.
Econo Lodge Riverside (TN182)
2440 N. Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN,
http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-pigeon_forge-tennessee-TN182?listpos=2

Many around Peonage Forge, some cheaper but not meeting space. I believe it would be nice to meet at night, talk and plan not in cramped rooms.

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL

Great job Miairhead!! I believe she would come for sure with those motel attractions. She would not come on all the rides or meetings up, but with her Ipad, internet, pool, shuttle, she can be very content!!! I want that motel.

Last edited:
Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950

I voted for the campground; after the long Michigan winter it'll be nice to be outdoors as an opener to the summer.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

Finally a rally where it won't be so blasted HOT.

I love the State and normally go there every summer and rode the Goldwing to Ooltewah, TN, last year. The riding is absolutely beautiful and very historical.

I will attend LORD willing!

Sam:)
Pick me up on your way east.

Mike

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

George you just got greedy, as Popeye would say "IT is what IT is". Plan on coming down, maybe bring the wife to enjoy the area as you ride you bottom off.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

I when ahead and reserved a room that can be cancel up till 7 pm the day of event, May 15, 2014. No money is sent yet, just a hold on the room. With Choice once you really are sure you going to use room you can prepay for less (no cancel or change allowed with with option). I think Pigeon Forge would be a great starting place, unless I die I am in. I just road 2500 miles with a back that every bump cause great pain, but what else would I rather do (okay a week with Sandra Bullock might be better). May is usually a very good time to ride, spring is here and kids still in school. Lets get together and enjoy the ride on the east side of the USA. If you lucky enough to go to the NT gathering in July so much the better.

Top Bottom