Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camper will champion campers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Re: May in Tenessee

OK, You say with Choice, is that a seprate phone # or is it the 805-428-1231listed in their heading on the link you posted? Are we supposed to speak to anyone specificly etc, etc. I just saw these latest posts this evening.. Tomorrow should be soon enough to set it up.

Bike

I was just poking around on computer, I see there are two ECONO lodge in pigeon forge. We definatly need to get proper ph number and name of person to speak with that will know what is going on! otherwise I can see it alreay group split between two placve ETC!

eldon

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural

Econo Lodge Riverside(TN182)
2440 N. Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN, US, 37863
Phone: (865) 428-1231
Without 10 committed, you will need to call to do room or on line. If AMA, or Senior you get a break if you need AMA email me. You can cancel room latter if we get a better rate latter, or you prepay before arrival.
Since only 9 interested in rooms, I will not go ahead with trying to get a rate. It really turn out not to be that big of savings anyway.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

A Pigeon Forge TN hotel near the Great Smoky Mountains - Econo Lodge Riverside
Located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, the Econo Lodge? Riverside is located directly
on the Great Smoky Mountains Parkway. This Pigeon Forge, TN hotel is near Dolly Parton's Dixie
Stampede dinner show, Dollywood theme park, Dollywood's Splash Country water park and Smoky Mountain Opry Show.

Be prepared for relaxation amidst the excitement Pigeon Forge
has to offer. With the hotel's unique park-like grounds, which front the Little Pigeon River,
there are plenty of opportunities to put everything in perspective.
Imagine having a picnic just steps from your room on the banks of the river with views
of the Great Smoky Mountains. Our friendly ducks love to be fed.
Guests may trout fish right from our banks, as well. Additional attractions in the area include:

Tanger Factory Outlet Center
WonderWorks upside down attraction
Smith Family Theater
Country Tonite Theatre
The Black Bear Dinner and Show Theater
Pigeon Forge is also home to the world's largest private collection of Elvis memorabilia at the Elvis Museum.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX

Ok, is it now settled that the Economy Lodge above is our official hotel ?

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold

I plan to attend. I hope the weather is better than last spring. I WAS going to leave in mid May last year to go down there, but a late snowstrom made me push it back a week. I plan to take 3 days to get there so I'd be leaving on the 12th which may be a little early for our season here. Looking forward to meeting new faces and making new friends.

It looks like this is a "motel" event. The Smokey Mountains campground is $17 for a tent site with no showers. The campgrounds with showers are $25-$35 which makes the motel a better choice. Besides I'd rather stay with the group. I plan to use the motel, but I always travel with my camping gear.

So, is the $62 per night based on single or double occupancy? Are people interested in doubling up and who if so who will manage that. Is there a list of who IS coming, who is PROBABLY coming, and who MIGHT come? There are a couple folks on WPhillips' list that I have met in Spearfish.

Here is what I have found out as far as tent camping goes: I really enjoyed the Smokey Mountains Park camp ground but I was only there one night. There are no showers and the closest campground is Elkmount which is quite a distance from Pigeon Forge - so that is probably a non starter. Here are two other private campgrounds closer:

Camp LeConte: In Gatlinburg - 13 miles away from the Econo Lodge but still takes 25 minutes to get to it. They have a group camping site with large fire ring in the center and we would have the whole thing for about $20 per tent per night (depending on the # of campers). They have new showers, heated pool and WiFi.

Alpine Camping: In Pigeon Forge - 4 miles from the Econo Lodge - takes 9 minutes. More rustic but they do have showers and WiFi in some areas. The lady I spoke to said that our whole group would take over a bunch of the RV sites as that would be better for motorcycles. The price is also about $20 per night.

I spoke to both campground managers and they both said that May 15 - 19 was an excellent time to come. Both campsites have gravel roads and neither have streams or creeks right beside the tents (as in Spearfish). Here are the web sites:

http://www.campleconte.com

http://www.alpinecamping.com

Last edited:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

I like the cabin option at Alpine. I need a power outlet to get a good nights sleep these days. A cord to a tent works as well need to power a CPAP.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

Okay someone pick a campground, and the Smoky MouNTain Gathering will call that base for camping

Last edited:

Warren, I think that you hit the bullseye. Eagles Nest Campground is just 2 miles from the Econo Lodge - any closer and we would be pitching our tents in the Econo Lodge parking lot! There is a tent area by a stream. They have picnic tables and fire rings. Hot showers and WiFi. They have RV sites right by the tent area with electric and water outlets for those with CPAC. Trees throughout and gravel roads. Price is $32 for electric and $28 non electric but they said they might be able to give us a group discount so I'm guessing that would bring it down to $25 per tent. It's also on the trolly stop. Jan, the lady I spoke to, said that they were not taking reservations for May 2014 until next year.

So for the closeness to the Econo Lodge and the plus of being by a stream I would vote for Eagles Nest as our "Official" campground for the Smoky MouNTain Gathering. Wendell

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

Thanks to Warren the campground will be Eagles Nest Campground
Sound like the Smoky MouNTain Gathering is going to be a go. I hope it will be a event many riders can enjoy.
I hope to get some routes from riders. Lets have some fun, and keep talking about things to do in the area.

Bike

Glad to hear you tenters will be so close to the econo lodge, Although at $32 .00 per tent I sure would double up in a room with two queen beds. I have in a room at ECONO. four nites of 15 - 18 May, full motel bill including tax comes out to $ 34.85 per person! I just did registration & room is confirmed with a CONFIRM # with the motel! No way I would want to camp for a saving of $5.00 per night

Eldon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

I did contact both the Econo Lodge and Campground to see if we could get a break on fees. When checking the Choice did not offer a big break on rooms for other locations near Pigeon Forge. The campground really have little happen till after first of year, but there to a price break might develop.
So if you book rooms do so with a cancel option just in case a price break is offered, but I think it is a good idea to get a room saved.

Bike

Very true as that is a pretty high tourist area even though mid may is not primary tourist season a bird in hand is worth two in the bush!

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

How many have reserved a room at Econo Lodge Riverside, there is a finite number of rooms. It would be nice if people who are going to be riding stayed in the same motel and campground. May sun rises at 6 and sets at 7:30, that is mostly the riding window.
I think rides will be averaging about 40 MPH, with and I am sure stops to see something along the way.
I just hope we get good weather, and get to meet as a group. Even as it being a NT, I hoping many different bikes join in. Not a lot going on at that time, and some of the best riding areas and sites you can find.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX

I plan on making my reservation at the Econo Lodge today. I will use my AAA, AARP or AMA membership to see what the best rate is for me.

Bike
2010 Red NT700

Although I am not 100% sure if I am coming, I have made a reservation at Econo Lodge Riverside for Monday night thru Fri morning

If I come I will most likely leave on the Sat prior, taking two 400 mile days to reach Pigeon Forge... Then do a couple of days of exploring before the official start of the Rally; Then depart on Fri morning so I can be home by Saturday night and decompress on Sunday before returning to work
I will be coming east out of Dallas

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike

That sounds like a good plan, maybe you can scout some roads for a group ride. I guessing many riders will not be in Pigeon Forge all week, and Thursday to Sunday, would allow many time to come and play on the twisties. I hope we keep communicating about the Gathering and share some good riding.

Top Bottom