The Suspense is Building

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Hmmm.... I never saw one of those I thought the V-4s were all Magnas or VFRs. The luggage on the Sabre looks a lot like the luggage that was on my old Silverwing GL650i. What years was the Sabre manufactured?
!982-1985. Mine was a 82 model. The faring and pannier's were the Honda Line Sport Faring and Gags used as options on a lot of models back then. IE: the CBX, V65 Sabre, and yes the bags were on the old Silver Wing. The 82-83 Sabre had self canceling turn signals and a electronic dash with analog electronic speedo and tach. Also a gear indicator. Was a great bike. The V-45/65 when dressed out was the forerunner of the ST1100 Sport touring machine. (in my opinion)

Note: 1982 1983 V45 Sabre was 750cc
1984 1985 V45 Sabre was 700cc with basic analog gauges.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700
just like the ones on the later model CBX....IMO. Those were my favorite Hondas back then...
I used to have a CBX exactly like the one in the pic...it was stolen while I was living in OKC...months later the police called to tell me they had dredged the frame up from the bottom of Lake Overholser...Obviously, the bike was stolen just for the motor
I sure liked that bike. I got a lot of attention and questions at the gas pump

spacetiger

I think you'll find it's a CB1100 which is due shortly.

Whether there are others, well we'll just have to wait and see...
My guesses:
+1 on the CB1100 (since they have been working on a version that could be sold here in the states)

CRF250 will be under the tarp

Not likely, but another [naked] 250? http://www.motorstown.com/imgs/19373-honda-250-3.html or possibly the CRF450R

NX700S a safe bet

PCX150 scooter (125 grows to 150)

PCX300 scooter (250 grows to 300)

That is 6 new bikes with the theme of gas efficiency

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
In case you missed what Honda is up to, here is the quote from the CEO:
"In the area of large-sized motorcycles, following the New Mid Series, Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept, which enable customers to more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring. This stylish new series will be equipped with a ?torqueful? engine, low seat height which increases the ease of handling, and a comfortable ride with high stability in maneuvering. The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013 at Kumamoto Factory, Honda?s global motorcycle production operation, and sales will begin from North America"

What I get from this:
- "In the area of large-sized motorcycles, following the New Mid Series" means it's bigger than the New Mid Series (NC700X).
- "...following the New Mid Series,..." means something similar to the NC700X, Integra scooter. Maybe similar in design, fuel efficiency, engine layout... not sure.
- "Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept" means this isn't a CB1100, it's already been introduced to Japan & Austraulia (I think).
-"equipped with a ?torqueful? engine"......ahh, not a warmed up NT700 V-twin. I'm leaning toward an inclined parrallel twin (or 3 cylinder).
- "The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013" means he definately is not talking about a CB1100, it's already being produced. And, it may be a while until it's really available.
- "more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring" Translation....automatic and shaft drive. Or possibly increased storage (see NC700x fake fuel tank). Your guess is good as mine.

This all makes me think something completly new, like a 3 cylinder inclined like the 2 cylinder NC700X. Also could see a larger NC700X type engine, possibly up to 1000ccs. I also see it being very competively priced & fuel efficient for it's class. An updated v-twin NT is not sounding realistic.

The CB1100 may be one on models in the new lineup, but it sure sounds like something more "new" is on it's way also.

I do like the CB1100 though.Here is a modfied CB1100 to look like a early CB750....what's not to like!! Modified CB1100.jpg

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
But the question still remains. Is Honda of America going to import these new models or are we just allowed to see them in the overseas market? I think that Mother Honda needs to reeducate the executives at American Honda to start thinking outside the "cruiser, sport bike, and gold wing Box" and start real marketing of other style machines.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Their U.S. site reflects the countdown... I don't remember the U.S. site saying anything about the Cross Tourer or Cross Runner, only the European sites showed any of that so I have to believe it's U.S. Based on the picture in the countdown - if you can possibly base anything off that - I would say it's motorcycles and not ATVs or Lawn Mowers LOL.

I'm thinking the Cross Tourer - Cross Runner - CB1000 - The other 3.. not sure - There isn't an official 2013 NC700X on the site yet so that may be one of them... maybe a VFR1200 since it's not listed for 2013 either... the NT just might be one of the 2013 models as well. That's my prediction for the SIX in the picture..

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
"In the area of large-sized motorcycles, following the New Mid Series, Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept, which enable customers to more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring. This stylish new series will be equipped with a ?torqueful? engine, low seat height which increases the ease of handling, and a comfortable ride with high stability in maneuvering. The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013 at Kumamoto Factory, Honda?s global motorcycle production operation, and sales will begin from North America"
Sounds like a new model, not currently produced anywhere, that is larger than 700cc is coming to ........Canada, and Mexico. Sorry USA, no Honda for you.

OP
OP
The funny thing is that if I was to read the tea leaves without a historical basis I would swear they were going to introduce the DN-1 with a bigger engine and bags. Either they have a new engine hidden away completely or I would bet on a V twin-"torqueful". Low seat height suggests to my sorrow a cruiser style or even a scooter high step through and "high stability" probably a longish wheelbase. Not very hopeful for a sport tourer from that. Since adventure is all the rage likely the Crosstour or Crossrunner will show up somewhere.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I really like Honda's cars and motorcycles and hope they have good sales on their new bikes but I will most likely not be a buyer as I am totally satisfied with my NT and I am not in a hurry to trade it in for the next new thing.

Bike
Bonneville T120
My guesses:
+1 on the CB1100 (since they have been working on a version that could be sold here in the states)

Not likely, but another [naked] 250? http://www.motorstown.com/imgs/19373-honda-250-3.html or possibly the CRF450R

NX700S a safe bet

The PCX 150 is already out. My local dealer has already sold a few.

bicyclist

My guesses:

NX700S a safe bet

The CRF250 is also out; I've ridden one. It won't be under the tarp.

My bet is on the new 500s.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have heard about this CB1100 for over a year now and never bother checking into it since A) it was not available here, and B) an 1100 motor seemed larger than what I needed/wanted. After hearing that it might be one of the models Honda might bring over I did a youtube search. I like it! Reports are that the single fuel injector in the throttle body produces amazing mileage too. Looks like it is routinely getting ~60mpg US. I think that is amazing for an 87 hp engine. If this one comes out I will have to check it out. I have also been checking out the Moto Guzzi V7 stone.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Must....resist...new.....CB1100 UJM....oh no...it has a red tank.....resistance is futile! :rofl1:
Wait...chain, shim under bucket, no bags.....no fairing.....spell is over.....but it WOULD look good parked in my living room.....
handsome fellow.....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I saw a prototype CB1100 at the MSTA club event in Avon, CO last June. It was brought there by American Honda to get consumer reaction so they placed it in the hotel lobby. It looked great.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
There are lots of pics of it on Google "images" and I do think it looks great, too. The specs should be interesting.
Especially the weight and the price. It certainly has nostalgic appeal.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The official American Honda website has the six new models: three versions (sport, naked, and adventure) using the new parallel twin 500 cc engine, one retro-look CB1100, one Gold Wing, and a significantly updated CBR600R. The look of the Gold Wing is the most startling as it reminds me of something penned by Arlen Ness. it is a lot more "cruiser like," visually with only a tiny windshield and low-in-the-back look.

Best of all the MSRPs are reasonable similar to that pioneered by the NC700X. The naked CB500 is only $5499!

Bike
Bonneville T120
I really like the looks of the CB1100. It would be nice if they had included price and curb weight.

DirtFlier, where did you get pricing? I didn't see it.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
My first thought was that it's a tip of their hat to some of the Victory styling.
Looks a bit like a Kawasaki Vaquero / Victory Cross Series / Harley Davidson Road Glide Custom mixed together. No, or very little, original thought went in to that one... It will be interesting to see how the "bagger" community, not to be confused with touring, reacts to it. The Wings motor ought to be very popular with the go fast crowd. It is interesting Honda lists it as a cruiser as well as in touring, now they finally have a "cruiser" bigger than 1300cc again.

I'm looking forward to seeing the CB500X ABS, that might be a good "first" bike for my wife...

Top Bottom