10th Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 24-27, 2020 - Spearfish, SD

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Back in the Day
Phil and Jim on their way to AK after Spearfish.

I wish Mike and I could have repeated that one this year.DSCN0796.jpeg
Yeah, they heard I wuz coming and closed Canada... <sigh>..... happens to me all the time...😡

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris, what year was the picture taken that had William in it? I ask because I don't remember William or the other guy on the same side of the table. Eldon, Jim Moore and Frosty I know. Makes me wonder if I was at that Rally...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Mike said, "Yeah, they heard I wuz coming and closed Canada... <sigh>..... happens to me all the time...😡"

If they close South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana to us, we'll know for sure that this isn't just a theory; it will be proven scientific fact. :-(

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It's looking good for Mike Simmons and I to get there. We'll meet up somewhere on US-34 in eastern Colorado next Tuesday and then he'll spend the night with us and we'll ride up on Wednesday. Right now we're planning on meeting Jim Moore in Crawford, NE, on our way. Then Mike and I will share a room at Bell's Motor Lodge Motel, at the Super 8 in Buffalo, at Yodeler's in Red Lodge, and then at the Super 8 on the east side of Casper on our way home. Mike will also spend the night here before he heads on back to Missouri.
What route are you taking on Wed. If the wife is doing OK my plan is to come up Wed and most likely head directly back on Friday. Will try and get a room at the Bell, if not then I will , God Forbid, have to camp.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike said, "Yeah, they heard I wuz coming and closed Canada... <sigh>..... happens to me all the time...😡"

If they close South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana to us, we'll know for sure that this isn't just a theory; it will be proven scientific fact. :-(
Hell, I may not even make it across the border into Kansas if they hear I am coming.... psst... Mum's the word!

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
What route are you taking on Wed. If the wife is doing OK my plan is to come up Wed and most likely head directly back on Friday. Will try and get a room at the Bell, if not then I will , God Forbid, have to camp.
Chuck, I'm thinking we'll leave here at about 8AM, ride up past Briggsdale and Carpenter, hop on I-80 to Pine Bluffs, then north on WY-215, east on WY-151, north on NE-71, stopping in Scottsbluff for gas, then on north on 71 to its junction with NE-2, to Crawford, where we'll meet Jim Moore, then on north on 71 to Hot Springs. Custer, Hill City, Lead, Spearfish Canyon, and Bell's Motor Lodge Motel (under new owners and supposedly updated, BTW). Hope you can join us!

I'm going to ride out east on 34 on Tuesday and meet Mike somewhere around Wray.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Chris, what year was the picture taken that had William in it? I ask because I don't remember William or the other guy on the same side of the table. Eldon, Jim Moore and Frosty I know. Makes me wonder if I was at that Rally...
2014? William was Scottish or Irish IIRC. Very nice guy but I think I only saw him at two rallys. Anyone else remember William? I know Frosty does

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I didn't make the 2014 Rally because I was serving as an interim pastor down in Rocky Ford, CO, when the rally happened. I led a couple of Germans who were in the US for the Over the Pond ride to the Concours Owners Group National Rally from Colorado to Lincoln, NE in June, and then went to the '14 Iron Butt Association International meeting in late July, and did the Southern California Motorcycle Association's Three Flags Ride from Tucson to Harrison Hot Springs, in British Columbia in early September.

But no NT/ST-Owner's Rally. :-(

BTW, does anyone know who IS going to be in Spearfish next week?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I didn't make the 2014 Rally because I was serving as an interim pastor down in Rocky Ford, CO, when the rally happened. I led a couple of Germans who were in the US for the Over the Pond ride to the Concours Owners Group National Rally from Colorado to Lincoln, NE in June, and then went to the '14 Iron Butt Association International meeting in late July, and did the Southern California Motorcycle Association's Three Flags Ride from Tucson to Harrison Hot Springs, in British Columbia in early September.

But no NT/ST-Owner's Rally. :-(

BTW, does anyone know who IS going to be in Spearfish next week?
Still 27 signed up on the ST site. I won't be able to make it but I'm sure everyone will find a way to still have a good time.l:ROFLMAO:

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I'll be riding in the Ozark Nat'l Forest above I40 in NW Arkansas with my brother that weekend. Just can't venture as far as SD right now.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
We'll miss you! Have fun in Arkansas! North of I-40 in western Arkansas is great country. My folks lived in Blue Eye, MO from '79 till '94. They were maybe 2 miles west of the Long Bridge over the arm Table Rock Lake that runs down into Arkansas. I used to 75-100 mile bicycle trips from there place...in August. For some reason, we never managed to get to the Lake except in August. After they moved to Grand Junction, CO, in '94,I rode my mototcycle back through there after attending a Concours Owners Group National Rally in Mountain Home, AR. There are some really good rides there. Enjoy being with your brother and have a great ride.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
10 day forecast says the weather is looking good at the ralley. HIghs about 80.

Top Bottom