OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just got off the phone with Jim Moore (he's in the Devil's Tower "teaser picture from 2016" that Mellow posted) and he's going to ride to Spearfish. Kevin Jones (Artemedes on the Forum) will ride to my house in Greeley from Great Bend, Kansas, on Tuesday, and then we'll meet Jim in Crawford, NE, on Wednesday to ride the rest of the way to Spearfish.
Might see you guys at some point along the way... I'll be heading out of N. Kansas and going near Crawford. Otherwise, will see you at the campground on Wed!

Riding plans:
I plan to leave (from NW WI) Wednesday AM and ride down MN 23 and then take US 212 west. I'll camp somewhere east of the Missouri River (unless the wether is awful) and then ride to Spearfish on Thursday. Just looking for anyone who's plans are close enough to hook up with for the ride.
See you Thursday Jimbo!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Aww, Chris. Cute and nerdy. But if you want Major League Nerd, here's one of my younger school day's pics on top of Pike's Peak. If I still had those pants and shoes, I'd wear them to Spearfish just for spite. o_O

We like you anyway.....(no time to scan old pics of me in plad pants.)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I leave tomarrow, Tuesday. First night, three forks, MT. Second night, Buffalo WY. See you all Thursday noonish. Weather is looking pretty good, actually. Cooler than normal spearfish rally and pizza contest.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Cant wait to see Mellow, Two Jims, Kevin, Chuck, Rick, Phil, Yoda, and anyone else whose names I get confused or cant remember....everyone ride safe....

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I may try to avoid some weather and try to make it to Chadron State Park tomorrow but, if I feel good, I'm not that far from the campground... may just go straight there... I think subway will be closed though... that's not good..

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I may try to avoid some weather and try to make it to Chadron State Park tomorrow but, if I feel good, I'm not that far from the campground... may just go straight there... I think subway will be closed though... that's not good..
Meatball Marinara! I got this.
Do we get to vote on when the rally is? I kind of like the old time frame, a week later in the year....that way I can shoot Quigley and come home for a week....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Finding the perfect week for an event is always a crapshoot. Too early and you'll likely encounter cold and rain - too late and could be blazing hot.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Finding the perfect week for an event is always a crapshoot. Too early and you'll likely encounter cold and rain - too late and could be blazing hot.
You forgot the smoke. :(. If you dont like the weather out west, wait an hour. Just no more hail storms and Spearfish canyon tornados, please.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
On the road to Spearfish. The gates of the mountains...the headwaters of the boundless Missouri River. You can almost hear Lewis turn to Clark and say, "OK, what do we do now, ask the Indian girl for directions?"

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That's a neat place to be, Chris! See you tomorrow.

Kevin (Artemedes on the Forum) got here a little before 3 this afternoon after riding in hard rain and even a little bit of hail across northern Kansas and eastern Colorado. We're going to wander north from here and meet Jim Moore around noon tomorrow at Crawford, NE. Should be to Spearfish by 4 or 4:30.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That's a neat place to be, Chris! See you tomorrow.

Kevin (Artemedes on the Forum) got here a little before 3 this afternoon after riding in hard rain and even a little bit of hail across northern Kansas and eastern Colorado. We're going to wander north from here and meet Jim Moore around noon tomorrow at Crawford, NE. Should be to Spearfish by 4 or 4:30.
I will be there thursday 1 ish.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
At chadron state park, 950 mile day...dodged all the weather except that last 100 miles..lol..

Bike
2018 CanAm Spyder RTL
I was thinking the same thing and ended up sitting in my room at Bell’s tonight. Was looking at the projected weather and it looked like starting noonish Tuesday I would run into storms the second half of my ride getting here. So I left Vegas at 9 PM Monday figuring I would stop in Rawlings WY Tuesday and hole up overnight until Wednesday morning. Made good time to Rawlings and no rain when I got there so decided Casper sounded good. No rain in Casper so went on to Gillette. Got wet doing that but by the time I got there I figured “What’s another 90 miles”. So got the room for tonight too and arrived around 4 PM. 1025 miles. Hey, I had to see if I could do it on my new Russell seat I got last week. 😉

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
First arrival yesterday at Chris’s campground. Very quiet evening, chatting with Andy from Houston (former ST owner, now on a BMW K1600). Rained off and on all night, but a beautiful sunny morning now. Looking forward to seeing everyone later today.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Keep the posts coming and enjoy. After reading Mellow and Falcon doing 1,000 mile days, I had to stand up and walk around for a while. :)

Top Bottom