The 1st TNT Rally

May inTennessee

• Know and will lead rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camper will champion campers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wendell, My plan is to arrive Thursday 15th and stay through Saturday night, & depart Sunday morning.I don'tknoe at this time for sure , but I may drop into Florida and see my old friend that got me stared riding motorcycles in 1957. He is in Punta Gorda.
That is the one factor I probably wont decide on until I arrive there .

I am looking forward to meeting everyone as well.

Eldon

Saturday Ride to 'Wheels Through Time'( bring money for raffle tickets at Museum) leave after breakfast at Econo Lodge Riverside. Other rides will be planned in morning. I think Saturday we could try and do pizza and movie of 'Why We Ride'.
Just a reminder that the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan is Free for motorcycles in May, and I have a place to spend the night if you coming for that direction and want to ride down from Michigan. I plan a stop down so 2 day ride down.

Hi Barry. I think Rob may swing by our house on Thursday, we'll get an early start on Friday and meet DJ near Parkersburg and angle down to PF from there. You're welcome to stay on Thursday if you want to head north a bit, or meet up on Friday am if you'd like.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Being retired I think I'm going to head down there on Wednesday or Thursday. I've got reservations at the Econolodge for Thur - Sat. Give me a call when you guys get down there.

FWIW, Thursday the 15th looks to be full moon. Might be good weather to sit by a campfire and tell tall tales.

fully agree! for all of you staying at the econo lodge, keep in mind Bob and I are both staying at a nearby campground that everyone can come hang out at in the evening. i'm sure the proprietors wouldn't have a problem with it! (will speak with them when we check in to make sure)

I'm officially bowing out of the TNT for this yr. I just cancelled my econlodge reservation
Maybe next year

[...i'm sure the proprietors wouldn't have a problem with it!...will speak with them when we check in to make sure...]

Rob,

TN has a state law prohibiting no more than two 1-cup coffee grinders in one place at one time. It's part of the Patriot Act. :) I just checked my calendar and the TNT Rally is surrounded by other things so I won't make it this year. Have fun guys!

Tosh

Last edited:
sorry you can't make this one, tosh. maybe the next se oh or wv get together.
and i think i'm in the clear...i actually don't bring a grinder :D

ah!! did you see the "Your Grinder is an extension of your Home" codicil? Allows as many grinders as you want, so long as they are in plain sight (no concealed grinding, so to speak).

Y'all need to read the law more carefully...:rolleyes1: You can have as many grinders, including manual, electric and stone versions, as you can pack...but only as long as you use chicory in your coffee grind mix. Why the chicory? Numerous studies, performed since the late 1860s, have shown that chicory is a very effective yankee carpetbagger repellant.... ;)

LOL Chicory coffee!!
That brings back a memory from 1957 My first and only experiece with that product. A guy I was stationed with from Minden LA invited me to his home as I was passing through Shreveport on my way to NYC shipping to Germany. He picked me up late at night at train station & took me home pointed me to a bedroom . everyone else was asleep. He said, Sis will probably be up even if you wake up early and she will have coffee made! COOL I thought! next morning I wake up and get dressed etc and walked out into kitchen, Sis was a beautiful southern bell of 16-17 , we introduced ourselves and she ask me if I was ready for coffee. I said yes pleas and she brought me a big cup and sat down a sugar bowel, I noticed the coffee had a brown look as though it had some cream added. I normally drank mine black with sugar, but being in a strange household I figured perhaps this was the custom so I added sugar and took a drink! OMG !!! I almost gagged on that stuff & heard my buddy's laugh as well as Sis's; very embarrassed I managed to get and other sip to go down and buddy says; I forgot to warn you about Chicory coffee! More laughter!!! I did mange to drink it after that anyway enough to be sociable!

Two days there and I enjoyed every minut, even the coffee the next morning, as I was prepared for it!

Eldon

Hey - I resemble these "quips" - maybe I should fit a paisley rug around a nice dry sack .. but fashion police have such different codes in each state of the disunion..

Re: May in Tenessee

I camped in the area in the fall of 2012. I also stayed at the Roadway Inn Skyland in Gatlinburg Tn. and would recommend it. Good people and rooms. The furnishings were dated but I did not care as long as it was clean and comfortable. That Tail of the dragon is a great road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey -- Nice Suit .. I'm gonna wear that to my next jury duty appointment .. I just got off my NT and saw a pink car - probably a cosmetic company- super pink .. but the yeller suit is to die in .. if these generals keep it up we all will be wearing those suits - 24/7 .. if it took painting all our vehicles pink to stop these wars -- I'd do it for certain .. :(

I know I kind of started this event, and still hope to attend. I have a CT-scan tomorrow scheduled and finding will determine if I can make it. I have not even felt like riding my NT for a couple of weeks: which is not normal for any NT owner. I had test today, and CT tomorrow, and will see what test tell.
I kind of feel at best like I going to toss my lunch, and sometimes I feel like someone hit me with baseball bat in mid section. So I hope it nothing and I feel good enough to ride down. I can not believe that I had all winter to get sick, but noooooo riding season starts and I get a major issue.

hope you're able to make it.

i put off going in for the safety recall on my bike that I've known about since february to replace the ECU (not a software update but a new unit) which fixes a rare issue on early model explorers that i have run into a few times.

of course by the time i called the dealer last friday, the only time he could squeeze me in is tuesday next week, which is the day before i leave. so yeah, i'm hoping it doesn't introduce any NEW issues. although all the feedback i've read is positive so that makes me feel better! i really couldn't have planned such a thing more poorly.

You all better be there as I am riding 1600 miles+ one way to meet all you folks from the east. Across Kansas and Oklahoma.:eek1: Hope you feel better, Miarhead. Rob, the Trophys are also having similar issues. Hope you get it worked out in time.;)

Last edited:
yeah i mentioned it to dan once awhile back (i stand corrected on it being for "early" model explorers - it's this engine in general which includes the trophy). the throttle bodies can get out of spec and cause the ecu to kill the engine. this has happened to me maybe 20 times in my 15k miles on the bike and became a real head-scratcher for the dealer. i tried to collect good data for them - it only ever happened in first gear, with the clutch pulled in while decelerating to a stop - so it never posed much of a safety issue to me and it was really rare. now...if it ever happened at speed, i wouldn't be riding the bike. thankfully that isn't the fault in the ecu.

Take care of yourself Miairhead. We can handle the TNT by ourselves if we have to. Your health comes first.

And to Chuck and Rick, I'll probably turn an 1100 mile trip into a 1400 mile trip just because I can. The forecast is for a cold and rainy start. Thank goodness they are usually wrong. But first I am going to install my Admore brake/turn lights and a fresh set of plugs.

2600 short rout for me, and I think I will deviate alittle as well. I think I very well may leave here on Thursday . I will probably spend night in SLC with friends there , then push hard for Buchanan TN to be there Tuesday night, and last 300 into PF on Thursday.I am in process of packing this pm , tomorrow I will go see allergy doctor and get my shots, I am expecting perscriptions in the mail ,hopefully they will arrive in time!!like in tomorrow mail.

Eldon

Just to clarify TNT. It was kind of hinted that the east gathering could have little to do with the 'Official NT-Owners at Spearfish'.. Early on I got a request that NT-Owners was not to be used inference to the east gathering. It was the wish of the owner NT-Owners, so TNT will be a separate gathering.
I personally had no issue but I honor the wish of the web site owner. So do not confuse the two I guess, one is just a gathering: other is official NT-Owners.org.
Lets have a good time and good rides: be safe on your journeys.

Back
Top Bottom