Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camper will champion campers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
JungleJim - I think DJ (above) will be at the Alpine campground as well - which is just a couple miles away from the Econo Lodge, where most people will be and will likely be our meeting point.

I grabbed a cabin there too because they were pretty cheap. But I'm also tent camping on the way down and the way home so I'll still get my fix :)

DJ, Bob, and myself should all get in to town Friday evening. Not sure what we'll do that night -unpack, set up camp and head to the Econo Lodge and figure out dinner if we haven't missed it; or see if we can get anyone to come hang out by a campfire for a little while.

I have cabin #1 - a single bed cabin. It should be a lot of fun and I need the time away from work to unwind. Tomorrow it will make 13 days straight at work - but the busy season is coming to an end so there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a fun job but..........

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Rob, thanks for the info. My clutch cable came in this afternoon and I drove to Duluth to pick it up and installed it tonight. I'll pack up and leave in the AM, but the weather doesn't look too good (lousy actually). I'm hoping it gets better as I go south. I plan to arrive on Thursday PM but I don't know where I'll stay yet. It depends on the weather and how beat up I get riding down there.

Looking forward to meeting you new friends and some of you old ones (friends) too.

Jim

Hi all. Heading out in the morning and should be in Pigeon Forge late afternoon Wednesday. I'll stop by the Enono Lodge to see if anyone has arrived. I decided to change my camping location from Eagles Nest to The Elkmont Campground in the Smokies so I could do a little fishing. Elkmont is only about 12 miles from Pigeon Forge. Friday I will meet with Bob Again and DJ and stay in the cabin. Hope I can adjust to modern facilities. Everyone ride safe.

John

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Anybody have any idea where Eldon is? 400 miles of I-80 in Wyoming was closed all day Sunday and part of Monday. Seems to me he had planned on staying a night in Salt Lake City.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I finally got release for Hospital today. I of course will not make the TNT, I feel more like a pin cushion then a motorcyclist right now.
I hope everyone has a great time down at the TNT and enjoy a few extra rides for me please.

Since you arrived a day early I suggest you ride NC 209 aka the Rattler from Waynesville, NC to Hotsprings NC today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Can I get someone at TNT to take the lead, I getting emails and need someone to be the contact. I will need your phone number to pass along.
I hope weather is good, and don't forget if it lots of rain there is the trolly to get together for food and drink.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Get well soon Tom.
I nominate Rick since he is carrying the NT banner, he at least wanted to be VP, now he can be Mr President. That might need to take a Mellow action:rofl1::doh1:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Will be exciting to meet a few fellow NT'ers, I (and wife tagging along)will be there Thursday around 4-6pm. Looks like will have to ride thru 80% chance of rain. Well with all the curves should be able to get in the 20% non- rain zone!! For those needing help on identifying.....remember Chuck promoted us using the " Me, Myself, and I" on our profiles, so take a look at some.
What better place to just happen to be achieving my 75,000 miles on NT while I will be amongst the fellow NT riders, should happen on Saturday. Maybe Friday if I am over excited! At 74,383 now.

Rick i'll try to stop by Pigeon Forge tonight after work. I might be driving the cage down there though instead of the NT looks like there might be some thunderstorms this evening.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Due to unexpected circumstances I won't be in Pigeon Forge. I had a encounter with a GATOR as I came into Utah . It was laying aross ways and at the 80 mph speed limit appeared to just be another tar snake. I didn't have opportunity to attempt to miss it . apparently the impact with front wheel set it off and it attacked my left foot rather visciously! upon arriving at friends place in SAndy UT and took off boot my left foot was swollen with some bruise marks along the inside and on top of the foot. I iced it down and rested the night away, Next morning I still felt bad and decided to lay there on couch with foot elevated. By Sunday morning I made the decision to not attempt to go further east. I also would have been headed across I-80 which was suffering closures due to storm damages etc and I would have been right in the middle of it and not knowing how foot would react to being in a boot I made the decision to limp my way back to Oregon and arrived here at home last night. In hind sight I should have left several days earlier and taken the southern rout and hopefully missed the major storms.
I will hope to see everyone at Spearfish in July.

You all ride safe and watch out for those &^&^$$%# truck tire gators , they can be a major disaster and ride spoiler !

Eldon

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Sorry to hear the Eldon, hope you heal up quickly... sometimes things happen for a reason and who knows, had you not had that issues it's possible a worst one was in store with all the weather.. so, there, sliver lining..

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Departed Nashville at 10:00. Heavy rain. Now in Crossville having lunch. Rain gear has done its job keeping me dry. The NT doesn't seem to care. Running great. 125 miles to go. ETA around 3:30 at the Econolodge.

Departed Nashville at 10:00. Heavy rain. Now in Crossville having lunch. Rain gear has done its job keeping me dry. The NT doesn't seem to care. Running great. 125 miles to go. ETA around 3:30 at the Econolodge.
I'm already here. I'm in room 208. Give me a call when you get in.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
400 miles of I-80 across Wyoming was closed Sunday and Monday. I was on my Concours 50 miles west of Laramie on May 8, 2006, when it started snowing. By the time I got to Laramie, the snow was about 6" deep (I managed to successfully stay in a truck rut and make it to a motel). When I got to a motel, a woman in a Jetta with a 10-yr-old daughter and I walked in the door at the same time to find out that due to the University of Wyoming's graduation on Saturday, there was exactly one (count 'em: 1, Uno, one) motel room left in Laramie. I let her have the room because I knew people in town who let me stay with them. The next morning there was 18" of snow on the ground and by 10AM there was one rental car available. Since I needed to get to Fort Morgan (150 miles from Laramie) to preach on Sunday morning, I rented the car and drove home. By the time I got here it was 65F.

I left after church on Sunday with the temperature at 70F, drove back to Laramie to return the car and pick up the bike. When I crested Sherman Summit at about 9500' and 15 miles east of Laramie, it started snowing again. By the time I got the bike, there were two inches on the road, but once more ruts in the snow got me onto I-80 and out of town. By Cheyenne, it was 65F again.

Wyoming has "interesting" weather.

Heal up quick, Eldon!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Due to unexpected circumstances I won't be in Pigeon Forge. I had a encounter with a GATOR as I came into Utah . It was laying aross ways and at the 80 mph speed limit appeared to just be another tar snake. I didn't have opportunity to attempt to miss it . apparently the impact with front wheel set it off and it attacked my left foot rather visciously! upon arriving at friends place in SAndy UT and took off boot my left foot was swollen with some bruise marks along the inside and on top of the foot. I iced it down and rested the night away, Next morning I still felt bad and decided to lay there on couch with foot elevated. By Sunday morning I made the decision to not attempt to go further east. I also would have been headed across I-80 which was suffering closures due to storm damages etc and I would have been right in the middle of it and not knowing how foot would react to being in a boot I made the decision to limp my way back to Oregon and arrived here at home last night. In hind sight I should have left several days earlier and taken the southern rout and hopefully missed the major storms.
I will hope to see everyone at Spearfish in July.

You all ride safe and watch out for those &^&^$$%# truck tire gators , they can be a major disaster and ride spoiler !

Eldon

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
RAIN WIND RAIN COLD RAIN. fun fun fun. At least there is no severe weather here - yet!
Not camping in this weather. I've had my electric heat on for the last 700 miles. Hope to arrive Thursday PM.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I'm already here. I'm in room 208. Give me a call when you get in.
Didn't arrive until 6:00. Got unpacked and took a shower. Left a message on your room phone. At the Denny's down the street getting a bite to eat. Not sure what us up for tomorrow. Rain in the forecast. Give me a call later tonight or tomorrow. I am glad we did not come to Pigeon Forge in the tourist season. This place must be a mess at that time.

Top Bottom