The 1st TNT Rally

May inTennessee

• Know and will lead rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camper will champion campers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure sorry to hear about the encounter with the gator, Eldon. Mellow said it well, that maybe with I-80 being shut in the end this might have been the best choice - but I am disappointed not to see you and Tom and some of the others that couldn't make it. I'm leaving tomorrow after work and will spend the night with my son and family in Hilton Head. Then Friday I'll boogie on up to PF. It's suppose to be 90% rain here in central Florida tomorrow so I'm guessing that I won't be working on the boats so I might be able to leave early. Wendell

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Wendel, & Bob,

I am disappointed as I was looking forward to meeting you all. , yes it may have been a blessing in disguise. It is in my game plan to try to make Spearfish ?? hopefully there wont be anything jump into my plans for that.

Eldon

The boss sent me home early because of the rain so I'm headed out now - that means i get to spend extra time with my grand kiddies this afternoon :) See you all tomorrow. Wendell

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Getting emails of riders looking for the group. Can some one let riders know where you are going to start some rides. Again I am sorry I not there to help get TNT together. Three weeks I not be able to even ride, I getting crazier then usual. I hate to miss riding, just kind of glade so much rain (for me and not the attendees of TNT).
Enjoy the Smokys and get some good rides in.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
One of my favorite roads in that part of the world is NC-215 between the Jukebox Junction Soda Shop on US-276 east of Hazelwood/Waynesville and US-64, just west of Rosman. It crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway at Beech Gap.

Pigeon Forge is about 83 miles from Jukebox Junction. The south end of 215 is 35 miles south of the Junction.

Last edited:
One of my favorite roads in that part of the world is NC-215 between the Jukebox Junction Soda Shop on US-276 east of Hazelwood/Waynesville and US-64, just west of Rosman. It crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway at Beech Gap.

Pigeon Forge is about 83 miles from Jukebox Junction. The south end of 215 is 35 miles south of the Junction.
Phil I agree NC 215 is a great road and U.S. 276 is a good road but how many years has it been since you rode US 64 between Franklin, NC and Rosman, NC?

Last edited:
Will have to see what Rob and Bob want to ride on Saturday. I know Bob has done most of the stuff down there however don't think Rob has. I may take them on a loop that includes these and a couple other great roads. If anyone else is interested we'll discuss it when we get there tomorrow. I know the roads in that area quite well if anyone is looking for a guide.
Sounds like you and me need to get together and talk about roads. I rode down there the last 2 nights on my NT. But my NT is leaking oil. So I may be on a Honda CRF250L Friday night if I make it down to Pigeon Forge.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil I agree NC 215 is a great road and U.S. 276 is a good road but how many years has it been since you rode US 64 between Franklin, NC and Rosman, NC?
Never have. I left my brother's place on Lake Keeowee and rode up to 64 east of Sapphire on NC-281. I've ridden 64 from Highlands to Franklin and then on up 64 to US-19 at Lauada. And I've ridden Robbinsville to Franklin on Wayah Road.

Not too many bad roads in that part of the world.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Sounds like you and me need to get together and talk about roads. I rode down there the last 2 nights on my NT. But my NT is leaking oil. So I may be on a Honda CRF250L Friday night if I make it down to Pigeon Forge.
Sounds good.. Will be wearing a ragged old tan ball cap that says Blackwater Bikes on it. Hope to see you there. Heading out here in a few minutes to meet up with Bob and Rob.

Sounds good.. Will be wearing a ragged old tan ball cap that says Blackwater Bikes on it. Hope to see you there. Heading out here in a few minutes to meet up with Bob and Rob.
I ended up riding the NT to Pigeon Forge tonight instead of the crf250l. I stopped by the Econo Lodge for a few minutes then rode down to the Alpine campground but the campground has a gated entrance. So I just turned around and rode back home.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Looks like it was a very good showing for a first year event. I hope every rider got some great riding in, and enjoyed time with the group. Congratulations to every rider that made TNT.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I just got back to Nashville safe and sound. A good 5 hour ride. The first day I didn't need my rain suit. I had a great time at the rally with fantastic riding and new friendships made.

Tom. I appreciate your efforts in helping to organize things.

I hope we are able to do it again next year.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I ended up riding the NT to Pigeon Forge tonight instead of the crf250l. I stopped by the Econo Lodge for a few minutes then rode down to the Alpine campground but the campground has a gated entrance. So I just turned around and rode back home.
Sorry Rustinpeace should have gotten your phone number. We were just riding around the gate. Hope to catch you another time.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Spending the night in Kansas City. 778 miles today. Will finish the last 604 miles to Denver tomorrow. Going through St.Louis today I ran into another NT on the side of the freeway. He was from Washington State and waiting fore his buddy who took a wrong turn. Stopped and checked to see he was OK and then told him about the Forum. Maybe when he gets home he will find us. As I said "there are more NTs out there then we think. Looks like this little bike is catching on.

Last edited:
Arrived home at 5 PM. What a great group of folks. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to doing this again.

For those that were interested in my tail light, here is where you can get one. If this doesn't work, go to:lightandsiren.com , it is the LSEL3 Generation 3, for $49.99 each and the bezel is 4.95 but you don't really need the bezel but it does dress it up. Look under exterior LED lights, on page 2.

http://lightandsiren.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_96&products_id=1168&osCsid=759b1ff12c970d700193cb23d7052a63

http://lightandsiren.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_96&products_id=1591&osCsid=759b1ff12c970d700193cb23d7052a63

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
John. Thanks for the post. You had told me the name but by the time I got home I had forgotten. I really liked how visable that light is considering its small size.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Rick, thanks for sharing the story about your visit with the old guy whose wheels are fixed to his chair these days. One of the things I know about what I've done since I started riding motorcycles is that I've provided myself with lots of great memories that will sustain me when I get to that point of my life. Your visit is likely to be that gentleman's high point for several months. Thanks for taking the time with him.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Rick, thanks for sharing the story about your visit with the old guy whose wheels are fixed to his chair these days. One of the things I know about what I've done since I started riding motorcycles is that I've provided myself with lots of great memories that will sustain me when I get to that point of my life. Your visit is likely to be that gentleman's high point for several months. Thanks for taking the time with him
Just one more example of Rick's generosity. You're a good egg, Rick

Top Bottom